Okie Ice (caution very pic heavy)

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I love your photos! But what an ice storm! I guess you have power as yo were able to post!
We don't have eternal winters full of deep snow like you northerners do, but we always get at least 1 ice storm a year sometimes more. Yes, we have electricity now, we were only out for about 10 hrs yesterday several years ago we had a really bad one and had no electricity for about a week.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fabulous photos. I am wit the rest. Love the ice coated wire. We got a glaze of ice here on Friday. OMG. Dangerous and hard to stand upright on. Then added 6 inches of snow on top Sunday. Winter, Bah-humbug.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I keep stairing into that photo I can look at it for hours. If you could print it on good photo quality paper I would be happy to buy it. I tried to pm you but not sure how.

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wow! Great photos. We are having a nice storm here, too. I just got a new camera, so I'll have to get out there and explore. Thanks for the inspiration!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I wasn't much for exploring :hide. I can hardly believe you didn't have more problems with trees and power lines, Kassaundra!

You sure do have an eye with the camera!

The WS said we'd have an icestorm overnight. I wouldn't even look at your pictures last night - afraid I'd jinks things! I am out on the deck well before daylight and the first thing I think of is Oklahoma - but, not because we had an icestorm. I'm thinking we dodged it, not like Oklahoma!

The backsteps were just wet so off I go to the garage to get the garbage cans out for Monday pickup. I see the bricks in front of the carport are covered with water. I put them there to improve drainage! They've got holes but will plug. Just water - proceed.

In and out of the garage, out to the road, back for the recycle bin - bang! Funny how my 1st reaction is embarrassment. Nobody to see me at 5:30 but I was happy to scramble back on my feet, soaked from that puddle!

Everything seems to be working okay. I notice the extra discomfort in the back isn't really going away and the left wrist is getting a little stiff. I doubt if there are bruises because I went down really f_l_a_t. Funny how the 1st thought is to be embarrassed. Bathrobe and sweat pants thru the washer & dryer - I'm good for this chair until it's pumpkin pie time in the kitchen a little later!

Be safe Kassaundra, there's no avoiding ice some of the time.

Steve

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
awesome pics, like steve said we dodged it this time around. the ice is very nice to lookat though, as long as the trees dont freeze through and start breaking off like what happened here in '97.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I keep stairing into that photo I can look at it for hours. If you could print it on good photo quality paper I would be happy to buy it. I tried to pm you but not sure how.
On my list of todo's today was to go the shutterfly and try to figure out how to order a print from them, I think I can even have it direct mailed to you. I have used them before w/ good results. They do a super amazing job on printing photo books too. Anyway as soon as I know I can do it I'll pm you a price. I can have them print any size and the file size is big enough to print a bigger size if you would like, I think they even print on canvas if you would like, that of course is pricier then the photo paper.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well, I wasn't much for exploring :hide. I can hardly believe you didn't have more problems with trees and power lines, Kassaundra!

You sure do have an eye with the camera!

The WS said we'd have an icestorm overnight. I wouldn't even look at your pictures last night - afraid I'd jinks things! I am out on the deck well before daylight and the first thing I think of is Oklahoma - but, not because we had an icestorm. I'm thinking we dodged it, not like Oklahoma!

The backsteps were just wet so off I go to the garage to get the garbage cans out for Monday pickup. I see the bricks in front of the carport are covered with water. I put them there to improve drainage! They've got holes but will plug. Just water - proceed.

In and out of the garage, out to the road, back for the recycle bin - bang! Funny how my 1st reaction is embarrassment. Nobody to see me at 5:30 but I was happy to scramble back on my feet, soaked from that puddle!

Everything seems to be working okay. I notice the extra discomfort in the back isn't really going away and the left wrist is getting a little stiff. I doubt if there are bruises because I went down really f_l_a_t. Funny how the 1st thought is to be embarrassed. Bathrobe and sweat pants thru the washer & dryer - I'm good for this chair until it's pumpkin pie time in the kitchen a little later!

Be safe Kassaundra, there's no avoiding ice some of the time.

Steve

Well I'm glad if you just ended up w/ a bruised ego and a couple of stiff joints, falling on the ice can be soooooo dangerous. That thin ice film is even more dangerous if you see the thick ice you know to be careful, that thin stuff is just as slick and deceives you into thinking it is just wet water.

Latest posts