Okie Ice (caution very pic heavy)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
So beautiful, but so destructive! Amazing shots you've captured there. Did your power go out? We had one about 11 years ago, the winter before I got married, that took out our power for 8 days. It sounds like a war zone when all those trees start snapping and coming down.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes, we lost power for about 10 hours. We have these every year, at least once and usually more. A few years ago we had a massive one. Tulsa looked like a war zone, most streets were completely impassable between trees and power lines, in that one most of OK was out of power some for a couple of weeks. Clean up took months, I was stuck at work, no one could come in we couldn't leave. I ended up being there for 116 hours straight.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Almost 5 days!! Stuck at work!

Good goobly goop! Well, I remember that you have a kind of caring job, Kassaundra. They probably didn't have you out "pulling green chain" or anything like that!

We had that storm that Collector talked about. Some neighborhoods didn't have power for 3 weeks. (Good to see Collector :)) I was here in my present home and a grocery store was just a short distance away. They lost "one leg" of electricity and had to deal with no 220 & only 110 for awhile. Here at home, we breezed thru!

Of course, during those 3 weeks, I was out driving during the hours of darkness. Pitch black neighborhoods, block after block. No traffic signals, little lights in windows. People cooking outdoors, unable to open garage doors, sharing runs to buy perishables - that sort of thing. Luckily, it was in November and freezing pipes were not such a problem.

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Clean up took months, I was stuck at work, no one could come in we couldn't leave. I ended up being there for 116 hours straight.

I hope they weren't cracking the whip the whole time. That's the last place I'd want to be stuck for 5 days!

buckabucka

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well, I didn't find anything as intriguing as those bed springs, but I did take a photo of our asparagus today:
image.jpg

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Great pictures! And wow, I haven't even had that much ice yet! Weird...
297.gif

Our county fair has a photography "division" as part of the arts and crafts show. Does your county have something like this? You could "win" some nice, free ribbons!

Latest posts