Okra planting

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Collard greens are good. It's just Kale that you have to boil it like old leather to get it palatable that I've never understood. By doing so, all the nutrients are in the water. & you are left with green cardboard.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
What other childhood trauma has given you such extreme prejudice against a vegetable Seed? You do know that there are many varieties of kale. Or maybe the border guards in Indiana are confiscating all the seeds....

Back to Okra, I'm sure it's a fine vegetable, I mean what other vegetable has it's own daytime television show?
To be honest I've only had it once when my Louisiana aunt prepared it. But I'll go with what little brother the chef mechanic says about it. (Although since he apparently cooks with bricks his cooking is a little sketchy).

Thanks for asking after the spuds Major, they're fine and they say hello. I'm just waiting on my labor pool to get them in the ground.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Never had Kale as a child. Only tried it while wife is on her semi health kick. (She reads on internet or hears on that quack Dr. Ozzie show) about something being miracle food. Can't eat it raw. Have to boil it till nothing left. Few times I've had young? Kale, no flavor. Except for fiber (that cardboard will give you) see no value. Glad you enjoy yours.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
no @thistlebloom it's not a tv show orka is a killer whale... duh
love collared greens as long as they are cooked right...
now kale is something new to me in the last 2 years now thats down right good eating if prepared right, the "stuff " you buy at the market is nasty. was very pleased with the Russian red and white,nash green and scarlet all of them had a good flavor to them..non bitter.
a little chicken fat or stock of course garlic really adds zip to them...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score

Latest posts