One Thing Leads To Another

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol try this cheap trick on your dog. Get a box of corn silk or baby powder (do this outside) thickly cover dog in powde,r let sit on dog to absorb odor about 5 minutes, then brush all powder out of hair. Cation make sure all power out of hair before dog goes inside. Gives dog nice clean scent without bath.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Since I am the pack leader I ruled dogs to be out doors, except for winter when they can be inside on their bed only. Wandering around is not allowed unless specifically called, and for sure no getting on the furniture. Maybe I'm cold hearted, but If a dog had to sleep in my room I would take a blanket to the lawn and sleep there.
Dogs cleaning their privates and farting is not conducive to my restful slumber.
:D That said, I'm really a dog lover and can't imagine not having one.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is a funny thread. Ours goes everywhere. Likes to sleep by me though. Learned the hard way, if he rolls on his back and spreads his legs, make him get up NOW! Love the look on his face as he gives you that "I was just getting comfortable" look.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
All dogs outside here too, but if I had to keep one inside and they were causing that much trouble at night, I know what I'd do. I'd wear their butt OUT each evening with a long walk, make them carry a backpack of heavy things to add to the exercise effort, and I'd give them work to do during the day of some kind or other(walk on the treadmill, training sessions on the leash, basic commands, play fetch over and over and over, etc.)

It's sort of like having a baby that sleeps all day and wants to play all night...the solution is to wear them out in the day so that all they can do at night is sleep, sleep, sleep. I think exercise and something to do keeps most dogs mentally and physically healthy....they love to have a job to do. Anything, just a job that can keep them feeling active and engaged.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have four dogs. The two Great Pyrenees stay outside. An Australian Shepherd and black Lab/Great Dane mix stay inside. They sleep on blankets on the floor, Aussie on my side, BBD (big black dog) on DH's side. The only furniture they ever get on is our recliners -- with us in them! BBD weighs 92 pounds and acts like a 9 pound lap dog.

Your Penny is quite accomplished to have pulled down curtain and curtain rod. There is this period of adjustment to go through. Things will work out, all of our pets have their quirks, but we love them.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Our dogs sleep in the kitchen and old dining room area. We have a gate to cut them off from the rest of the house. We play country music back there at night, it seems to keep them quiet try it. I am with others here, no dogs in the bedroom I need some place dog free around here lol.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am enjoying reading your dog sleeping arrangements. Everybody has to make their own rules, I guess. Since the drapery incident, we pulled the crate out a little farther, and have been leaving a radio on low at night. No more whining. Well, one night I did try putting a towel over the back of the crate. She pulled that into the crate, too, and woke me up whining. So no more of that. I did give one chair over to her, one that no one sits in, in the corner of the living room.
We had a couple of grand daughters over yesterday, who hadn't met Penny yet. Love at first sight, all around. After a while, one of them said "Grandma, watch!" as she instructed Penny to sit, lie and roll over in perfect form, for a treat. I had pretty much figured out that Penny is a treat whore, lol. Now if I could get her to be that excited about walking calmly on a leash....

Latest posts