One Thing Leads To Another

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
:gig Take the treats along on the walk and she'll stick close to whatever pocket holds them, I'm thinking. That's what my Lab does...heels just fine if I have a milk bone in my pocket. :D Every once in awhile I break a piece of it off and give it to him for being so good. Keeps him focused on that pocket. :gig

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Actually, Penny even did pretty good with the grand kids taking her for walks. I think she was focused on them, being new to her, and they were walking on each side of her. And, the biggie, they didn't take her out in the field where the most exciting smells seem to be. Or maybe I am trying to justify their success??
No, Nyboy, these girls don't have a dog, and won't get one while their old diabetic cat is alive.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We're still having some issues with Penny whining at night. She started in early last night, about 11:00. I hadn't slept well the night before, and hearing her start the whining and yipping gave me a sinking heart. Then I had the bright idea of putting a piece of my worn clothing in there, so I got up and told her to be quiet, and tossed in a pair of knit pants I had been wearing around the house for a couple of days.
I didn't hear a peep out of her the rest of the night, and she was remarkably calm when I got up this morning. It wasn't the frantic tail wagging and running around in circles, "Thank God you saved me!". Just "nice to see you." I sure hope this is the magic pill. :fl

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a good idea So Lucky.
I did that once with a young horse of mine that was anxious and pacing, I tied my dirty old barn coat to the fence and it seemed to have a settling effect on him.

Latest posts