Orchid From Martha

LocoYokel

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey @Nyboy, have you thought about setting up an "orchid wall" somewhere in your waiting area? It seems you get these Gorgeous:drool orchids and give them away after blooming. With your love of gardening and getting free orchids from your clients a spot for them in the office seems appropriate. Martha's orchid can be your centerpiece! I bet the other orchid growers here at TEG will have your back if the info isn't already posted.
I boarded horses at a lady's place where she grew orchids in her basement. Typical cement walled, no windows big room under the house. She had mismatched racks from bakeries and grow lights and some of the most beautiful orchids I have ever seen. A neat rack, a can of spray paint and a light... whole new "do" for the office?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Loco I love gardening but not much of a house plant person. I think orchids when not in flower are ugly plants :hide I have a friend who has a house in Key West, after orchid finished flowering he wires it to a tree in backyard.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
My four (only Alex is flowering right now) are in a cool room with a huge window facing north. I water only on Sundays. If I forget, it's the next Sunday that everything gets a drink. Nothing like your info, Murphysranch, but it's working for me.

My single African violet to survive this long is sitting beside the orchids and is flowering again and again. It gets the same treatment as the orchids.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think orchid is dyeing and it is my fault. When the Christmas tree was set up I moved orchid from my desk to window sill. I think the glass got to cold with the sub zero temperatures we had. Back on my desk but leaves are slowly turning brown, flower still looks good. I really wanted this plant for years :hit:hit:hit:hit:hit

Latest posts