Orchid From Martha

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, I have not drilled the holes in the bottom though. They can be drilled pretty much anywhere as the net pot allows the water to drain.

np1.jpg

netpot.jpg

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a client from a very famous society family, her passion is orchids. I was once invited to their Southport home a large Queen Ann Victorian. In the back yard was a Gothic orchid house. Her and her husband decided they wanted to live in Manhattan and bought a brownstone on one of the most expensive streets in the city. I asked her if she was going to miss her greenhouse, she said no she was taking it and the koi pond they where going on the roof. Yesterday she picked up her dogs. she was talking to me when she looked over and stopped talking. Then she said honey you should get rids of this it is dead. I realize she was looking at my orchid, I said I know but Martha Stewart gave it to me. She offered to take it and see if she could save it. I dont have much hope but if anyone can save it would be her.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a client from a very famous society family, her passion is orchids. I was once invited to their Southport home a large Queen Ann Victorian. In the back yard was a Gothic orchid house. Her and her husband decided they wanted to live in Manhattan and bought a brownstone on one of the most expensive streets in the city. I asked her if she was going to miss her greenhouse, she said no she was taking it and the koi pond they where going on the roof. Yesterday she picked up her dogs. she was talking to me when she looked over and stopped talking. Then she said honey you should get rids of this it is dead. I realize she was looking at my orchid, I said I know but Martha Stewart gave it to me. She offered to take it and see if she could save it. I dont have much hope but if anyone can save it would be her.
Oh Good, maybe she can revive it. :fl

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
My orchids are loving the south facing window sill they sit in. Here are the reblooms so far. There are two others that are older plants but they are sending up new stalks. I cut off the stalk about half way down and consistently, they shoot out new flower stalks just below the cut. Also note the tiny orchid that lost all its leaves but not before it sent up a stalk.

TEw08BW.jpg

Yk7sixO.jpg

42ZK0RY.jpg

PwRI7KY.jpg

Latest posts