Organic question

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It's always been funny, to me, that the gov't would complicate such a word as "organic" and, yet, import vegetables and fruits from countries that still use ddt and other chemicals banned here.

MuranoFarms

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I like that wording, thank you!
I order from vistaprint quite frequently for business cards, large postcards I use as information cards and stuff like that. I just noticed they have magnetic car signs and other stuff like that so I thought I'd give it a try and see how they come out.

I agree boggybranch, seems rather ironic to me too!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
in our area you have to be careful using the terms 'fresh', 'local grown', and 'native' . if you are selling veggies you picked the night before i guess they don't consider that fresh enough for early morning sales at our farmer's markets. :rolleyes:

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
boggybranch said:
It's always been funny, to me, that the gov't would complicate such a word as "organic" and, yet, import vegetables and fruits from countries that still use ddt and other chemicals banned here.
For once the government wrote regulations by popular request. Organic food gets to be a fad once in awhile and it was back when those regulations were written but too many packers were setting aside culls of commercial crops and calling it organic so the government started regulating the term.
Most on this board prefer organic and have for years so it isn't a fad but a way of life for us.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
As much as I like Bid's proposal, I'll play the spoil sport. Do you use neem oil, BT, pyrethrin, maybe dormant oil? There are several pesticides that are approved for organic use. Organic does not mean chemical free or pesticide free. It means you don't use certain chemicals and pesticides. I think you would be more correct to say:

Murano Farms Fresh Produce

Grown the way nature intended

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ridgerunner said:
As much as I like Bid's proposal, I'll play the spoil sport. Do you use neem oil, BT, pyrethrin, maybe dormant oil? There are several pesticides that are approved for organic use. Organic does not mean chemical free or pesticide free. It means you don't use certain chemicals and pesticides. I think you would be more correct to say:

Murano Farms Fresh Produce

Grown the way nature intended
So nature intended to use these chemicals...........:lol:

Agree w/this assessment. Labels are for marketing.

Latest posts