Ouch! Final chapter!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've been loving using the little trailer my husband made me, and can't imagine how I was able to work so long without it.
This has been a long week, and I was coming home today, tired and so happy that tomorrow is Saturday and the garden I get to work in will be my own. I pulled off the freeway and was waiting in line on the off ramp a terrific jolt and crunch nearly stopped my heart.

I got rear ended and my lovely trailer got smushed up into my tailgate. It could have been worse, fortunately no one was hurt. But my truck and trailer won't be usable for awhile and that's going to put a crimp in things.

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ohhhhh no!! Does that mean YOU get a little break/mini vacation too? Or just have to figure out how to accomplish things without your truck/ trailer??

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
For crying out loud!! The only thing I can say- is thank God you weren't hurt! How very disappointing for you, though... Since you use those vehicles for work purposes, won't your insurance pay for a rental, so you can keep working until things are repaired? Even a Uhaul truck- at least you could get your tools in there, and work out of it? Or- as NewMt says, perhaps a nice time for a forced vacation? Wishing you all the best, and hoping there is a silver lining in there, somewhere.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
No vacation, although a week off to catch up at home would be wonderful. That's my idea of a vacation!
Right now we can't unhitch the trailer. DH will have to dismantle the tongue to get it off my bumper. We're leaving things as they are until the claims adjustor sees it. Once that happens I can use my truck, just can't open the tailgate.
And I'll have to load everything in the back again :( . So it depends on how long the truck will be in the shop. Meanwhile I can probably get a few tools in my sons Blazer that he generously offered.
Then my husband said he'd build me another trailer.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh I'm so sorry! ((((hugs))))

I hope everything is covered? Will you get a new trailer?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just make sure that the insurance adjustor doesn't screw you over. I think they go to a special school to learn to be mean and miserly.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hang in there!

Insurance is one of the only products a person is forced by law to have, to buy, and to pay for. They'd best cover this for you.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
actually, in NH you don't HAVE to have car insurance if you own your car. the downfall is if you are involved in an accident and you don't have it you can lose your license for some time. if you are leasing or paying monthly to own a car you have to have insurance on it.

Latest posts