Ouch! Final chapter!

AdamBorzy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thats saddening thistle but glad no one was hurt.
BTW, So lucky... your son is one lucky guy for getting more after insurance claims but not all is fortunate enough to have the same good experience though.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
OUCH is right. I hope your insurnace companies cooperate with each other. SO far I have not had a problem with ours (Great coverage for the house fire.) My Dad bought a truck, trade-in and cash (no loan) and was rearended only 10 days later!!!! He made money :) The insurnace company gave him the check for the estimated work, which actually came to less. He cashed the check and paid only what was owed and pocketed the rest! I Sure hope things turn out that way for you. :fl

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I thought I should update this old thread...I'm sure many of you were losing sleep over the outcome! ;)

The insurance company (of the guy who hit me ) was surprisingly positive to work with. He totaled my trailer, gave us enough to buy a frame just like it, and some extra reimbursement for my husbands time to transfer the wooden sides etc.

My truck ended up in the shop for 2 days and I got a rental truck to use for work. A brand new F150 4x. Made me totally nervous that somebody was going to damage it, so it was a relief that my own truck got repaired so quickly.

Anyway, I'm on the road again! My husband got the new trailer put together, ( he's been employed steadily and has only had time here and there to work on it ) and I can load it and go on Monday. It was getting real tiresome doing it the old way, tools and everything else in the bed of the truck.

So now you can all get some rest tonight! :p

7504_006.jpg

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice out come on the truck and trailer. But the best is the hubs was too busy working to get it put back together. That's great news!
thistlebloom said:
I thought I should update this old thread...I'm sure many of you were losing sleep over the outcome! ;)

The insurance company (of the guy who hit me ) was surprisingly positive to work with. He totaled my trailer, gave us enough to buy a frame just like it, and some extra reimbursement for my husbands time to transfer the wooden sides etc.

My truck ended up in the shop for 2 days and I got a rental truck to use for work. A brand new F150 4x. Made me totally nervous that somebody was going to damage it, so it was a relief that my own truck got repaired so quickly.

Anyway, I'm on the road again! My husband got the new trailer put together, ( he's been employed steadily and has only had time here and there to work on it ) and I can load it and go on Monday. It was getting real tiresome doing it the old way, tools and everything else in the bed of the truck.

So now you can all get some rest tonight! :p

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/7504_006.jpg

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, happy to hear this chapter came to a positive end. Maybe you can put some reflective tape on the back of your trailer, to be seen better.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yay, Thistle'!

Back in a better fitting harness . . . & gittin 'er dun!

It must have been dispiriting to have a good set-up and then have things pulled out from under your feet. I must be mixing metaphors here but it is good to learn you have turned the page on some troubles.

Steve

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeehaw, looking good and alls well that ends well!

:rose

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hadn't seen this thread since I'd been back, but I'm glad to hear everything turned out so well. :thumbsup Your little trailer is really neat! Looks like everything is very well organized and easy to get to.

ETA: We hit a chihuahua a couple years ago and it knocked the oil filter off of the car and blew up our engine. I was very worried what kind of rigmarole we'd have to get through to get our insurance to take care of it (under full coverage, thankfully!), but I was very pleasantly surprised by how quickly they got us back on the road. They took care of everything!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, I have just been wondering about that little trailer! Glad you gave us an update. So glad you have it back or another one I should say. Yes, sometimes we do wonder how we ever got along without it.

Mary

Latest posts