Over Night At Vet

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Talked to owner she knew it was coming. He wasn't 13 but 14 and 1/2. Owner had dog at her vet last week, they over looked this, I don't know how. Owner calling and having my credit card credited and putting bill on hers, I didn't mention amount. She said it was a good thing it happened here not home in front of her kids.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice thing you did and nice people for taking responsibility....but there's not a dog on the planet worth $3K clams, dead or alive.

That this is not unusual no longer shocks me but it still should...I have family who have spent thousands upon thousands on their dogs but will whine frequently about having no money.

Priorities on this Earth are all askew.

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Depends on you view of the animal in question my dogs and cats
are my children I would move heaven and earth to give them the proper care

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
How sad for the dog to die without his beloved owners with him. So sad.

I just spent $3500 for TPLO surgery for my 10 yr old cattle dog. He's my baby. I didn't hesitate but it will be hard to pay that cc bill.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's hard to put a value on an animal's life. And it's all subjective. Why is one pampered dog worth thousands to save, while another is put to death because it was born at an inconvenient time and place?
All I know is, people get really attached to their dogs. I think if our house were burning, DH would save Penny first.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lucky I laughed out loud. I remember him not wanting a dog. One of my clients spent $30,000 last year treating cancer in their 3 year old golden. A year later cancer is back and they will start treatment again. What blows me away is what people will pay to rent a house for summer in Hamptons $50,000 to $100,000 just for summer.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
To me, they aren't just pets they are part of our family. If I can't afford to shell out the big bucks if they get sick I won't have one. I think I've said before I put money away each month for our kitty Percy in case she gets sick. This is beside her vet check each year and any shots she might need. She doesn't get many she's an inside kitty and our vet says some of the shots she doesn't need, she's going on 8 now and so far so good. Yep, put us in with the ones that will shell out the big bucks if there's a chance of them getting better.

Annette

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
What people will spend $$ on never ceases to amaze me. $100,000 for a house seems expensive to me but if you make $500,000/year, pocket change. To spend $1,000''s on a pet, it had better be a breeder. As long as they pay all their bills, have at it.

Latest posts