Paste tomatoes

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
what is your favorite and why? For me San Marzano. Indeterminate and has flavor. Haven't found another one that fits those 2 qualities.
made pasta yesterday... Used locally harvested philippine tomatoes... used parmesan cheese for garnishing...
Tasted heavenly... :drool:drool:drool

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
& yet no pix of what these tomatoes look like....

MinnesotaGardening

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
& yet no pix of what these tomatoes look like....
Ok seedcorn, this is a late season harvest of Hungarian Heart on the top (which aren't exactly paste) and Federle on the bottom, and I think a large Amish Paste on the right by my hand...but this pic is from a while ago, since this is winter and all.

Attachments

• paste tomatoes.jpg
    paste tomatoes.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 138

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
what is your favorite and why? For me San Marzano. Indeterminate and has flavor. Haven't found another one that fits those 2 qualities.
tomato paste is always great.. have think about making chili paste? same process.. and its a very delectable garnish.

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
made spaghetti using philippine tomatoes. it was sweet and tangy.. nothing is the same like philippine tomatoes... a must try.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
SO what variety is a Philippine tomato? Or is it a variety? If so, who sells the seed?

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We had some leftover fish in the icebox. I'm planning to slice some philippine tomatoes, onion, garlic, red bell peppers make a sauce out of it. then put the fried fish in then simmer.

Latest posts