Peach Tree help

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
sad to see. i'm not sure what that is, but removing the infected fruits and disposing of them is likely better than leaving them on the tree.

if the fruits are partially infected you might be able to eat some parts of them but i wouldn't know until i was cutting them up and i'd still be leery of spreading that disease around on the trees or even to other potential hosts.

i'm not a fruit tree expert.

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Your advice is very wise @flowerbug. Thank you. I removed all that I could reach last Friday and
I'll get some help to go up a ladder tomorrow. I just noticed today that there several small branches with brown leaves too. Aww man!!!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
it has been so moist around here the past few weeks that even some things that i'd normally not notice have got curled and rotting leaves on them. honeysuckle bushes and some others in the north hedge. i think you've gotten more rains than we've had here so i'm sure that doesn't help.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I dunno, we might be too wet to have peach trees do well.
MINE is slated for limb pruning later this month bc it is beautiful as a Tree, but hardly produced, and way too tall for even a ladder. I have read that pruning Might produce fruit next year bc the tree will believe it is dying and needs to reproduce.
I have had it with it! IF it doesn't produce for me next year, I will be pruning with a chainsaw at the 10 inch base!