Pet Peeves

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Whoooo-boy.
Just the first couple that come to mind:

"How you doing?" used as a greeting by people who have ZERO interest in how you're doing. Or, even worse, by people who are passing you in a hallway and never even pause to hear you say "Good morning."... or <gasp> to tell them how you're doing.

Having to wait for the person in front of me in the "12 items or less" checkout at the grocery to unload their entire cart and then process a couple dozen coupons.
you has have been behind the wife..sorry

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
:yuckyuck At least she identifiers herself....

My wife is the one you don't want to get behind because she will talk the poor person to death about anything.......& she wonders why I will NOT EVER go shopping with her.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
1.people who interrupt you while you are talking and start talking about something else.. when they do that i just walk away.....

2. people who take a tool out of my tool box and not return it and i find it at their station.... now i lock it when ever i am not in sight of it....

3. people who dont tell you that something is broken or not working right... i am not a psychic nor will i take blame for it broken....

people who tailgate....love to jam on the brakes someday

people put an empty bottle back in the refrigerator.... what can you say their family...

6. people who want to chit chat after they pump gas.... i just start up big red and let them listen to a diesel idle...evil but it works

6a. people who getting fuel and leave their music blaring.... yup fire up big red till my turn to get fuel ......

7. people who have a cell phone stuck to their head thinking that they are the only one on the road.... god save their soul when a semi loaded runs their ass over.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

My SIL is on of those extreme couponers. She has a tee shirt that has this printed on the back:
I've got coupons
LOTS of coupons
I'm gonna be a while
You might want to pick another line

the dw does go shopping in the off hours and she does have coupons<which is every week> she does quite well.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:yuckyuck At least she identifiers herself....

My wife is the one you don't want to get behind because she will talk the poor person to death about anything.......& she wonders why I will NOT EVER go shopping with her.
Omg, she would love Ireland… You're almost expected to have a natter with the cashier here. And often the person in the line behind you at the same time. (Not in the busy supermarkets though, but the smaller shops)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't really have any pet peeves. People in general are pretty darn stupid, do dumb things that aggravate the crap out of most other people, but not me. You see, I expect people to do all the above, plus a whole lot more, and I am seldom disappointed. Besides, if I let some idiot turn me into a raving lunatic, they are the winner and I am the loser. NOT HAPPENING!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't really have any pet peeves. People in general are pretty darn stupid, do dumb things that aggravate the crap out of most other people, but not me. You see, I expect people to do all the above, plus a whole lot more, and I am seldom disappointed. Besides, if I let some idiot turn me into a raving lunatic, they are the winner and I am the loser. NOT HAPPENING!
:thumbsup

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
- Drivers who go slow until you start to pass them, then speed up to match your speed... or who will pass you, only to immediately cut in front of you to get to the off ramp.
- People who will stop talking to you in mid-sentence if their cell phone rings, as if anyone calling is more important than the person in front of them. People who have loud, inappropriate cell phone conversions in public places... like right behind you in the checkout lane. People who drive with one hand on the wheel, and the other on their phone (and who don't notice the light has changed until someone honks their horn).
- Telemarketers who want to get chatty, call you by your first name, and pretend they are your friend... and ROBO CALLS!!!:barnie

Latest posts