Phaedra's 2021 Garden

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
to hold the melons up so they don't pull down or break the vines.
I planted them in the greenhouse and let the vines climb on the shelf, so all fruits stay on it and are quite safe (and comfortable) now :D

29035.jpg

29036.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Kept playing with my vertical planter idea. Peas are transplanted 3 days ago, now they grow happily upward.

29122.jpg

As the weather will remain cool and rainy for a while, this idea should work well. Now it's 65% filled. The mixture of compost and old chicken manure which I used for planted tulip in January is now recycled as part of the materials. Can't believe there are so many earthworms inside. Well, they also moved to a much higher "building" now :ya

The second guests that moved in are spinach.

29120.jpg

Next, different varieties of salat greens and lamb's lettuce will move in, and I will plant some middle-sized white radish on the top of this vertical planter.

Last edited:

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh My Goodness @Phaedra Geiermann you have the most amazing gardens and flower beds. ❤️ I love the flowers and always want more. Your arrangements are stunning :loveMy husband also collects seed to help me have more flowers next year. I will show him you greenhouse vegetables. ;) He will be so envious.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Kept working on the vertical planters for my chickens (the one in my vegetable garden is improved from this idea), kind of combination of cold compost + vertical planter. Besides offering additional fun and food for the chickens, I also have some fun when I am here with chickens, to watch how plants grow.

29403.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
A chicken sunday, re-arranged some stuffs for them.

One flock got an extended playground in a corner of hedge, I guess I can harvest more "nutritious" leaf mold in the future.

29428.jpg

29423.jpg

The other flock got a roofed party room with sandbath, I might plant some leafy green on their roof.

29467.jpg

Baby chicks got a mobile pen to enjoy summer picnic and camping with Mama. They might do some gentle mowing work as well.
29421.jpg

Next week will again busy for transplanting brassicas and pickering salat greens.

Latest posts