Phaedra's Adventure

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Keep playing - I found a seller who offers such fixed size (37X76cm) but different thickness (3~7mm) plywood panels. He will pack random 20 pcs with different thickness (and quality), but the price is very wallet friendly. I just received the package today and couldn't wait to try.
17082.jpg

I used greenhouse tarpaulin first, and then closed those gaps. This will be my last time using full pallets to build something. Next project, I will disassemble them.
17084.jpg

And then, I attached the panels and painted them.
17085.jpg

I should be able to seal most gaps tomorrow and then move on making foldable windows and tables.
17078(1).jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Today's progress - trying to seal unwanted gaps like this
17121.jpg

Then, I decided to make it a tiny cupboard. My skill is still very 'primitive', but I did enjoy the process to create.
17122.jpg

Better than the original gap XD
17119_0.jpg

Even the brush got its second chance.
17097.jpg

The weather is really charming today, so I repaired and repainted the bird feeder#1.
17101_0.jpg

After the paint was dried, I relocated the bird feeder in front of the tool shed (I will call it grey house from now on). Grey house will be a spot to enjoy those lovely garden birds, so not only the bird feeder, but also a bird bath will be installed here later.
17104.jpg

I love to create corners I love. :love
17103.jpg

I also painted a wooden ornament and would attach it on the door tomorrow.
17100_0.jpg

Isn't that delightful to create lovely things with little cost?
17124.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Cherry blossom on the way!
17125.jpg

Tulips
17127.jpg

17077.jpg

The small bed in the greenhouse
17128.jpg

After I put the seed tray on the window sill, the heat from the radiator speed up the germination well. Now, I got 10 chili seedlings and 6 sweet pepper seedlings. More are emerging.
17115.jpg

Something interesting about adzuki beans - as this is my first time growing them, I noticed that their leaves 'close' at night and open again when there is sufficient light.
17131.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The perennial bed shows a lot of new growth - I can almost imagine how gorgeous this spot will become in another two months.
17280.jpg

A sunny spring day is always very welcome!
17300.jpg

I started working on the area in front of the grey house this morning - the pavers were adjusted, and I 'transplanted' some grasses growing in the improper places to fill the gaps between pavers - this will give them a much natural look after the grasses establish.
17304.jpg

The plastic planters were relocated, and then I spread a layer of homemade compost on the ground, sprinkled some wildflower seeds, and added another layer of compost.
17303.jpg

17298.jpg

At the end, I added a layer of grass clipping to protect the wild flower seeds. The other side will follow after we adjust the rain gutter.
17294.jpg

The germination rate of sea lavender (Limonium sinuatum) and double-flowered stock (Matthiola incana) is so impressive, uh, a bit too impressive. :lol:
17194.jpg

Hydroponic lettuces from Lidl - they were sold with root balls, so I transplanted them in the soil. It will take them a while to adapt, and some might not make it. However, those who adapt always show a vigorous growth afterward.
17296.jpg

Another hardworking day, huuu~

Today's quick but delicious baking, coffee-flavor banana bread with dark chocolate and pecan.
17305.jpg

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
The perennial bed shows a lot of new growth - I can almost imagine how gorgeous this spot will become in another two months.
View attachment 64587
A sunny spring day is always very welcome!
View attachment 64588
I started working on the area in front of the grey house this morning - the pavers were adjusted, and I 'transplanted' some grasses growing in the improper places to fill the gaps between pavers - this will give them a much natural look after the grasses establish.
View attachment 64589
The plastic planters were relocated, and then I spread a layer of homemade compost on the ground, sprinkled some wildflower seeds, and added another layer of compost.
View attachment 64590
View attachment 64591

At the end, I added a layer of grass clipping to protect the wild flower seeds. The other side will follow after we adjust the rain gutter.
View attachment 64592

The germination rate of sea lavender (Limonium sinuatum) and double-flowered stock (Matthiola incana) is so impressive, uh, a bit too impressive. :lol:
View attachment 64593

Hydroponic lettuces from Lidl - they were sold with root balls, so I transplanted them in the soil. It will take them a while to adapt, and some might not make it. However, those who adapt always show a vigorous growth afterward.
View attachment 64594

Another hardworking day, huuu~

Today's quick but delicious baking, coffee-flavor banana bread with dark chocolate and pecan.
View attachment 64595
Could I have the recipe for the banana bread? I'm rather fond of coffee flavored things.

Latest posts