✌️

Blueberry and Cranberry

View attachment 63195

View attachment 63196

No, I can't wait until it cools down. :p
View attachment 63197

Bagels are ready to become products, and the next flavor will be chocolate! :D
View attachment 63198
All of your food looks so yummy! Have you opened your shop yet?

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
All of your food looks so yummy! Have you opened your shop yet?
almost, I hope.
The person in charge (to issue the permit, from a private house to somewhere you can run business) is still on leave....

(and there is no one else can do the job, something always amazed me from such 'German efficiency')

Well, complaints won't speed things up, so I decided to keep my intensive self-training on. :D

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The first baking order in my life - locked and loaded!
15542_0.jpg

It's a beautiful journey, kind of new root system of me is growing in this place. Compared with those commercial bakeries in the surrounding, mostly with pretty standardized German recipes and done by automation equipment, doing things from scratch offers a lot of different flavors (and fun).

Pastry cream (or custard) - I tried the method of infusing vanilla and coffee beans into the milk while heating it, and it's definitely a wow! I didn't expect both the aroma and taste can be so much strengthened.

15558_0.jpg

I also tried different molds - a traditional tart pan and a tart ring. The advantage of using tart rings, imo, is to skip the blind baking step. The tart shell looks pretty neat and modern.
15557_0.jpg

Red Wine-Poached Pear Frangipane Tart
15543_0.jpg

Chocolate tart - A chocolate tart shell filled with pastry cream infused with vanilla and coffee beans, chocolate ganache, and caramelized pecans.
15541_0.jpg

Of course, the very charming Port and Fig Rolls - I love it, so I ordered another bottle of Port wine, haha.
15556_0.jpg

Isn't it amazing? Suddenly, a gardener turns into a baker. Different from cakes, bread needs a little bit more scheduling so the yeast can do its job with ease. There is one dough fermented in the fridge for about 36 hours and waiting to be baked. Besides, another two doughs just started their fermentation last night.

This one, maple and pecan rye bread need also 36-38 hours slow fermentation at 5C environment, too. :D

15552_0.jpg

Last edited:

farmerjan

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The only place to get fresh and scrumptious Bagels in the surrounding
✌️

Blueberry and Cranberry

View attachment 63195

View attachment 63196

No, I can't wait until it cools down. :p
View attachment 63197

Bagels are ready to become products, and the next flavor will be chocolate! :D
View attachment 63198
I do not eat much in the way of bread...and try to limit the intake... but I LOVE bagels.... especially cinnamon raisin, and blueberry... cranberry....
Funny how I have always liked chocolate, but not in bagels....strange...
They look absolutely heavenly.... Oh My Goodness...

Last edited:

Latest posts