Phaedra's Adventure

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
actually, now that i've come back and read this again. if you are using bags of water to hold back water then it won't work very well if the water gets deep enough to match the depth in the bags. but if you have a really large bag of water that doesn't get overtopped it would work to a point. it also depends upon any force exerted by the flowing water on the bags...
Yes, I also thought about this but didn't think the water will get higher than the bags. And thankfully, this time the rain was pretty gentle and most absorbed by the soil. Huuu~

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Thank you @Phaedra !! It worked! The cake part was very obedient this time! It did not collapse. It was relatively easy to roll, unroll and roll again. I'm so excited!
Congratulation! The texture also looks nice! Hope that you all enjoyed it and would go for another one soon. :D

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
oh yeah, anything goopy...

plus as a good cook it is important to know what the cake or cookie batter is supposed to taste like before you bake it just in case you leave out an important ingredient. :)
That's very true. I heard from a pastry chef - he always asked his team members to try the batter and dough before baking. If the batter or dough tastes good, the final products won't go too far. 👍

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I got an order of two small tarts this Monday, and it's a kind of omakase ("I'll leave it up to you"). The customer told me his requirements (for birthday, low sugar low fat, lead time, and a budget), and then I arranged the final products.

Yesterday, I got some new packaging materials manufactured in our neighboring town. They are cost-effective, easy to separate the plastic sheet and the carton for recycling. The best thing is, they look much better than the images on the website. :lol:
16248.jpg

The first one is a more traditional Low sugar apple tart. I added the streusel made with almond powder and dark chocolate for decoration.
16235.jpg

The second one is dark chocolate cheese tart - the tart shell is made with 100% cacao powder (no sugar), the filling is the mixture of cream cheese, heavy cream, eggs, lemon juice, honey, and plain yogurt, and dark chocolate ganache on the top. It needs some more time to cool down properly.

16251.jpg

16252.jpg

The mini-versions of two tarts look so cute! It's a gift for the customer who placed this order and a 'thank you for your trust'.

16253.jpg

I also got another order for one toast loaf and four cake rolls next week - it seems the journey will go a bit further and be more adventurous.

Meanwhile, I decided the final presentation and portion for Tiramisu I will sell in the cafe. It's easy to display and enjoy as a to-go product.
16237.jpg

16236.jpg

Every tiny step counts.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got an order of two small tarts this Monday, and it's a kind of omakase ("I'll leave it up to you"). The customer told me his requirements (for birthday, low sugar low fat, lead time, and a budget), and then I arranged the final products.

Yesterday, I got some new packaging materials manufactured in our neighboring town. They are cost-effective, easy to separate the plastic sheet and the carton for recycling. The best thing is, they look much better than the images on the website. :lol:
View attachment 63840

The first one is a more traditional Low sugar apple tart. I added the streusel made with almond powder and dark chocolate for decoration.
View attachment 63839

The second one is dark chocolate cheese tart - the tart shell is made with 100% cacao powder (no sugar), the filling is the mixture of cream cheese, heavy cream, eggs, lemon juice, honey, and plain yogurt, and dark chocolate ganache on the top. It needs some more time to cool down properly.

View attachment 63844

View attachment 63845

The mini-versions of two tarts look so cute! It's a gift for the customer who placed this order and a 'thank you for your trust'.

View attachment 63846
I also got another order for one toast loaf and four cake rolls next week - it seems the journey will go a bit further and be more adventurous.

Meanwhile, I decided the final presentation and portion for Tiramisu I will sell in the cafe. It's easy to display and enjoy as a to-go product.
View attachment 63843

View attachment 63847

Every tiny step counts.
Oh, how I wish we shared a back fence. I too love baking, but you take it to a new level. :drool Somehow I doubt you'll have any trouble selling your creations.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I didn't take many photos today, but I cleaned up many small places, majorly removing the debris/damaged parts from the perennials. The weather will remain mild in another weeks, so I will work a bit in the garden everyday from now on.

Mints in a large pot
16280.jpg

I trimmed the onions and transplanted some in one raised bed, interplanted with some fava beans.
16278.jpg

Tomorrow, DH and I will renovate the hoop tunnel a bit and make it ready for the new growing seasons. Some early variety tulips are coming out!

16277.jpg

Latest posts