Phaedra's Garden 2022

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Love here! This year I would keep re-organizing different corners - after all, each corner has its individual micro-climate.
3328.jpg

I pot the sprouted Dahlias on and let them stay in the hoop tunnel. So, before it's safe to transplant the frost-tender vegetables, the hoop tunnel still is a shelter for other plants. The containers on the top can also maintain a basic moisture level for the soil inside.
14625.jpg

To be honest, I will try the "bottom-less" method this year for some plants, shrubs, and trees.
3336.jpg

Many lovely young plants - all from seeds
3337.jpg

Hens are waiting for the daily salad!
14602.jpg

14610.jpg

In return, they lay beautiful eggs. 😍

14606.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
What a lovely corner!
3399.jpg

Maybe we should make some waffles here tomorrow and invite our neighbors for an afternoon tea.
3379.jpg

Love the layers.
3390.jpg

Here is another corner; however, due to one accident, three hens escaped from their run and destroyed the center...sigh. Otherwise, there should be a soft pink tulip bed.
108.jpg

I also used our Meyer lemons and Calamondins - the left side is the lemon+Calamondin in honey (for making tasty drinks, cold or warm), and the right side is Calamondin in Maldon sea salt flake (for adding wonderful flavor when dry-brining meats.
110.jpg

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Transplantation day - I planted at least 40% of the young plants in the greenhouse today and gave a whole tray to our neighbor.
3409.jpg

Just found one volunteer bird cherry tree behind our garden shed. It looks pretty, and the flowers are also fragrant. This makes me happy.
3410.jpg

Behind our garden shed is a tiny piece of woodland on a steep slope that we can't really use. However, I tried to prune some look-like-dead trees near the shed last autumn. Recently, I realized some of the pruned ones are rejuvenating and look promising.

Gardening is life-long learning.

Now I have more than enough space in the greenhouse - I will sow beans and more flowers this evening.

Last edited:

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I love your garden pictures. I enjoy the pictures of tea in the garden, so peaceful and calming.
At my present location, there is a highway in front of the house. It's noisy. Closing on the new farm on Thursday. Moving will be a lot of work, but well worth it.
I am excited to see pics of your new farm! It will be a lot of work but I know you will enjoy the peaceful setting and your own place where you can raise animals and grow a garden!

Latest posts