Photos of Your Manure Makers

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
GREAT thread! I'll post some older pictures of my three horses because they are FILTHY right now from shaggy coat mud rolling!

"Sweet Cup & Cakes", 10yo Kentucky Mountain Horse, 16'3hh, yes, folks, his back is 2 inches taller than my 5'4" frame!
(AKA, "Long Arm of the Law", registered name)

"Buster Brown," 10yo non registered Quarter Horse, "adopted" from a local rescue (The $Price wasn't an adopted price!)

"Cindy Lou", 18yo Spotted Mountain Horse. THAT just means she is the same breed as my gelding above, but has the genetics to throw spots, even though she is solid, and referred to as "breeding stock". According to the guy I bought her from she threw 4 spotted foals, and one had two blue eyes.
(AKA, "Warrens Cindy" registered name)
Chicken photos to come.
Baymule, LOVE your white gelding?, Mare?
Those babysitters are worth their WEIGHT in gold.
White horses have pink skin and often need sun protection. I've only had one horse with that problem.
This picture is from 1987, at a small Civil War Reenactment

My tobiano Pony, "Toma Coma" had a lot of pink skin. The other horse, registered Palomino, "Dandy Silver Moon" went blind, unfortunately, at 7yo. He was a great jumper and we were beginning Dressage with him. Also, I had broken him in to gunfire. Yes, that's ME with the flag.
Chicken photos to come...

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I gotta ask, how many of you pile up the manure...excuse me, "Compost"... and use it later?
NOBODY with animals has any time to turn piles!
My current Google earth shows my piles from last year in the Spring. I'll know when the photos are new because I just put on a blue metal roof on my barn last October.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I do. I have to compost since I'm dealing mostly with chicken manure. I do still have a bit of Rusty pooh but that's aged now as well.

I haven't turned my piles. I hope to get 'real' compost bins built where I can make it properly, but for now what I get is what Mother Nature does by herself once I put the materials together.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
ducks, how many horses do you have? Their coats look so shiny!

Bay, I agree with Nyboy, your granddaughter looks like you. I love the color of your hair. I've sort of stopped dyeing my hair and want gray streaks throughout. We'll see if I can do it. Every time I see your sheep, I think of goats. That's what they look like to me. :)

Mary

Latest posts