Photos of Your Manure Makers

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Nyboy the rabbit tractors work so long as they can't dig out from under them. I'd rather have a chute under the cage and the pellets collect in a bucket to spread that way than rely on regular movings.

No manure makers. I have friends with horses so can access the piles that way, and I've been looking at worm bins but never seriously. I still need to build proper compost bins here :hide been so busy with everything else around here.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not exactly a rabbit tractor since I only had two rabbits at the time, but I did keep them in the flexible 4x4x4 foot pen (seen with Rusty's photo) that I moved from place to place daily. It didn't take much time for two rabbits to clear the green stuff in their pen. Looked bad for a couple of days and then the area looked extra lush.

These rabbits never tried digging under their pen. I suspect that was because they always had a fresh source of goodies to nibble. I could have put chicken wire under them, but it wouldn't have protected them from nighttime predators. I put the rabbits in their pens at night for their safety.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Here are my current flock of chickens. As you now, I butcher, so it changes from year to year.

Missing are 3 EE layers and 1 Dark Cornish roosters. What you see are my two 9mo Silver Laced Wyandottes, the ONLY birds laying right now, and several 2 1/2 yo EE hens. Incubation begins in earnest this May! Wonder what the chicks will look like, now that I am breeding mutts? :p
These two make manure, too.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ducks, all of it is beautiful!!! Cheery coop, pretty chickens and gorgeous cats! Those cats are so healthy and glossy looking. :love They look like Bombay cats...if so, I bet they are GREAT hunters.

Latest posts