Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Lavender2, your blueberries look great -- big and juicy. Last year mine were a bust, but this year the rain has them growing huge. Gypsy made blueberry pancakes for supper last night. Yum!

@Carol Dee, I saw your photo before I got to the posts. Great shot! What variety is your honeysuckle (or have we already discussed that)? I have been trying to get the perfect honeysuckle vine started beside my clothesline and can't decide what to get.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red In an old post someone identified It for me. I will try to find it again. A word of warning this one get HUGE! The vine now resembles a tree trunk and hangs all the way over the 8 foot fence and nearly touches the ground on the back side!

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
And a bunch of red, for @Smart Red .... :)

Picture 12564.jpg

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Lavender2, your blueberries look great -- big and juicy. Last year mine were a bust, but this year the rain has them growing huge. Gypsy made blueberry pancakes for supper last night. Yum!

Glad your berries are doing good this year also. Can I borrow Gypsy for a bit?
We have waited so long for the highbush to produce, partially my fault though, for not keeping up on the fertilizer and protecting them from winter grazing deer.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fantastic bed of bee balm you have there, Lavender2! My two flower heads should hang down in shame. Do you have your astilbe growing in the sun or is the Monarda growing in semi-shade? I haven't tried astilbe in any amount of sun, but I know some shade lovers are just as happy with full sun. I have a bleeding heart that does better in the sun --flowering all summer long.

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Smart Red , the astilbe/monarda in the last photo get just a bit of sun in the morning and late evening, but are mostly in shade from the woods to the south. The other astilbe I posted are on east side of the garage, morning sun/afternoon shade. They do very well there. I think they can take quite a bit of sun as long as they don't dry out. I have so many that really should be divided.

Is that the fern- leaf bleeding heart? I have a few of them in part sun, but never thought they would do well in full sun. I wonder if I could put one down my my pond..? full sun all day.

Latest posts