Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder @GardenGeisha ! My Sea Holly perished and I want to replace it. It was a favorite of mine as well as the bees. :)
Carol Dee, how did your sea holly perish? Mine is looking weird. It's bloomed for at least 5 years, but this year all of a sudden it wilted and some of the leaves dried up. Is that how yours acted before it perished?

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
009.JPG

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Congrats @GardenGeisha for bagging this week's POW!
Wow! Yippee! I'm so thrilled and honored, and your posting my picture brought good luck! There is new growth today! I guess my cats just smashed it. Will protect with a basket while its new leaves are coming up. The cats love lying in the big, cool pot of dirt it's planted in, and I can't say much to them at all, because my cats are as pretty as any garden flowers. I watered my sea holly heavily about a week ago, when it looked dead and before it started re-emerging, and wondered about doing that, because these get root rot very easily, I read. But it's been an awfully warm spring. Perhaps it was dry? I've never had to water it before. Weird weather changes. Peony blooms only last a day or two. Not usually this hot during peony season...

Attachments

• DSCF9827 (1).jpg
    DSCF9827 (1).jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 333

PennyJo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Not that I have said much here but my Mom is St Pete's Hospital with a infectious dementia she is 78
can never live alone again. point is I now am the owner of an aloe plant (of which I have killed two of my own)
and a christmas cactus that is huge and an easter cactus that seems unhappy
I placed them in our screen room learning from google the cactus like it cool
and wait till they are very dry to water... any advice?

Attachments

• 041.jpg
    041.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 333
  • 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 238
  • 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 231