Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Many years ago I cross pollinated my Amaryllis blooms, creating seed and original hybrids. They are probably average in the Amaryllis world but I get great satisfaction from raising these up to blooming size. Right now they are spectacular. With many more to come.I hope you enjoy them.View attachment 48331

we really like pinks so those are fabulous. :) i might be getting some seeds from someone tomorrow to start so that will be fun.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
More Amaryllis hybrids. It is Oh so red.
DSC_2163.jpeg

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
oh so very sweet to see! thank you! :) i only have the one type now and a few seeds of some potential other type which will take years to show their colors.
The seeds are easy to germinate. I just put tons of them in giant pots and waited....and waited. So the bulbs are all crowed in the pots, which I have read that they like. I searched for how to fertilize them to increase the bulb size, to no avail. A guy I know that owns a nursery just told me to fertilize with triple phosphate. He was referring to getting them to rebloom, but I would also try it once you have somme bulblets. I used it on my big pots of bulbs in late winter. They are blooming like crazy right now. I do not remember if it is any better than in previous years. I have also used greensand on my indoor plants this year. I found it stimulated flowering indoor plants that were being stubborn to ever bloom. Have so much fun with it.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
The seeds are easy to germinate. I just put tons of them in giant pots and waited....and waited. So the bulbs are all crowed in the pots, which I have read that they like. I searched for how to fertilize them to increase the bulb size, to no avail. A guy I know that owns a nursery just told me to fertilize with triple phosphate. He was referring to getting them to rebloom, but I would also try it once you have somme bulblets. I used it on my big pots of bulbs in late winter. They are blooming like crazy right now. I do not remember if it is any better than in previous years. I have also used greensand on my indoor plants this year. I found it stimulated flowering indoor plants that were being stubborn to ever bloom. Have so much fun with it.

they don't mind being crowded but i just repot them every year or two and use very light fertilizer when they are actively growing. as long as they get enough sunlight and are warm enough they bloom again the next year.

Latest posts