Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

TEG Project Manager

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
DSC_20220519_124756-0400_1475_Lilacs.jpg
Congrats @flowerbug - your beautiful pic is this week's POW winner and is featured on our homepage! :weee

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Lilacs are too sweet smelling for me to enjoy the smell but they are pretty. In Arkansas I was in a valley where the wind was constantly from the South, often fairly strong. It was consistently strong enough to dry out transplants. I planted a hedge of lilacs along the south side of the garden to act as a windbreak. I put them about 7 to 8 feet from the garden fence so the roots wouldn't get in, shade was never a problem. I think it helped some but not as much as I'd hoped.

I can't remember where I got the plants. The flowers were two different shades, some darker than the others. Some grew taller or bushier than the others too. Definitely different varieties. But I considered them a success. They lived and were a nice addition to the landscape.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just love that smell

i love the plants and the smell. most flowers i can at least tolerate or they might give me a slightly runny nose, but lilacs will get my airways to close up much the same way eating a raw potato would. scents derived from lilacs have different effects on different days. sometimes i'm ok with a light scent, but it is rare that some people only put on a little.

Latest posts