Please Disregard This Thread

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
.... Fairy dust, perhaps? Incantations?
I am going to the bookstore today, to see if there is a "Windows 10 for Dummies" book.
I'm skeered of changing my avatar. I may disappear!

_______
012.gif

Don't be afraid of "breaking" things and I wouldn't really disappear. I like how someone once described Bill Gates' early work. It was something like, "he had 5 different ways you could do something and if you couldn't use any of them, you could get out of the car and there were handles in the back so you could push it!"

Just find "your way." Chase it down!

Steve
boxguy.gif

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
So Lucky, after months maybe years of having the same avatar, @journey11 made a change overnight!

Coinkadink? uhh. Coincidence?

I have a measure of frustration with Photobucket. Picasa, Google's gallery, has a great photo editor associated but has earned a full measure of my frustration ... I have to use my computer or phone's own editor but I'm pleased with the convenience of the TEG gallery :). It just seems to take that PRE- fiddling and saving to make it work well.

Steve

My sister is keeping my horse with her 2 over the winter. I took this pic of him while I was up there a couple weeks ago. He posed so nicely for me, I just love it. Finally a pic worthy of changing my avatar! LOL. I think I did change it a time or two very early on when I first joined. That jelly jar pic had been up since 2010. If it feels too weird, I can change it back. :D

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like the idea of changing our avatars occasionally. I always liked Smiles' avatars, and now @Smiles Jr. is doing the same. Although I really like the one he has now. I could sit and watch it for a while, waiting for it to drip.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha!

Don't change it back, @journey :).

Some of us make conscious efforts to adapt to change. Some maintain a climate of personal resistance and fight battles to maintain the status quo. They may go back 20, 40, 80 years to do that ;). There is no permanent state outside of change.

Now, steady yourself and click Smiles handle to see his new avatar.

:) Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am puppy sitting today while DD prepares her house for a move back, now that the tenant has left ... what was I just saying about not being able to go home again ;)?

Trying to maintain a quiet atmosphere so that two tiny dogs don't get upset. Going out to go "potty" in the snowy surroundings is bothersome! I mean, they would usually be left in their kennels through the day as DD and DSiL work.

I'm practicing using my new Chromecast. DW loves the thing and we are using DD's Netflix acct to watch documentaries. DW has connections with people who like to post on YouTube so she now has the big screen. And, we can use the library for streaming movies ...

It's an android critter, Chromecast. My phone is an Android and we have one Android tablet. Kindle doesn't like anyone to allow anyone to use their devices to use for anything but Fire TV. I explored the "sideloading" of Chromecast and I'm now faced with a decision about doing that. I think I've learned a lot just by playing with the ways to do that - in itself, worth the bother and more interesting than the potty behavior of small dogs - something that dominates the attention of many folks in retirement ...

;) Steve

Last edited:

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha!

Don't change it back, @journey :).

Some of us make conscious efforts to adapt to change. Some maintain a climate of personal resistance and fight battles to maintain the status quo. They may go back 20, 40, 80 years to do that ;). There is no permanent state outside of change.

Now, steady yourself and click Smiles handle to see his new avatar.

:) Steve
Noooooooo!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Noooooooo! What?

• No to Journey changing her avatar?
  • No to @Smiles Jr. having changed his?
  • No to change of any kind over the last 80 years?!
Ya know, just as a by the way, one of the Smiles avatars was one I shared ... Maybe, I will be So Lucky, again.

Steve

Smiles.jpg

Latest posts