Please Disregard This Thread

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry, Steve, you are way over my head when I can't even answer the phone reliably yet. I am not against playing with the phone, but I'm still in baby steps here.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Smart Red , I can't answer my phone reliably.

DW finds it easiest to call when I know why she is calling. I fumbled around and hung up on her several times :oops:. Call back and say, "OKAY. I'll be right there!" Apologize when I get there.

I have messages on my voicemail that have been there for months. If I don't recognize them, figure they are a wrong number. If DW or DD forget how to get those messages, they're stuck there. I've never done it and would gain little from a try. Sometimes, I respond with a text, "You rang?!" Remember Maynard on Dobie Gillis :D?!

I get wrong texts sometimes. Once from a working mother trying to contact her school kid daughter to arrange pickup time. Figured I'd better respond to that one :).

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Weird, I saw some pics I took on the top of the forum page, you know, where it says "pics by our members". I sure didn't remember posting them after a couple of years, so I clicked on one (obviously someone was hacking into my phone and putting my compromising pics on TEG, lol) and found this old thread. It was fun reading through the messages again. But sad because my proficiency with the phone/pics/computer miasma hasn't improved. Blaaah!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's okay to be humbled by our humanity. To realize that we didn't boldly go where no one has gone before (after 2 or 3 years). .Don't you think?.

(I'll stylize my .punctuation. because I'm something of a period person. I'm sure that is more obvious to generations outside the boom. Stylized may not be the correct word↑↑↑ since bracketing([{}]) by conventional use ... with periods ... wait! .I'm confused!.)

Anyway, I recently referenced that picture of an Native American in a dugout canoe that I posted on TEG: Those Days. The person I was talking to was a young lady probably not yet 30 who is a highly trained health care professional. I said that I was in the same setting as the individual in the canoe not 50 years later and here I am, over 50 years hence. I pointed out that the picture makes clear that I'm closer to dugout technology than 2018 technology.

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/11/this-is-what-the-entire-internet-looked-like-in-1973

The end of my 2nd shot at higher education. Scroll down to the map and notice how I lived in the flyover zone. By the end of my 3rd shot, the picture of the computers at the top of the webpage weren't even on the market. By that time, however, I'd used a word processor but only in the department "lab." The lab had calculators back during the 2nd shot but they had handles to pull because -- they were mechanical!!!

No. Two years ago - I didn't buy the "pen," that communicates with the laptop, that uploads what is written to the Evernote cloud↑↑↑. In fact, I don't see that technology written about lately. Maybe, people in art classes use it ..?↑↑↑

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
what birdie is that! :)
@flowerbug, it's a leucistic cardinal that came to our feeder for about a month. Leucistic is not exactly albino. They still have some pigment, but it can be very pale. This little cardinal was perfectly colored. Not mottled, as many leucistic critters are, just pale pink and dark pink.

Latest posts