Ignore the weeds. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_20160513_112102.jpg
    IMG_20160513_112102.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 278

KD_Olive

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
So I went to my local extension office today. They weren't overly friendly or helpful. :( They gave me a box in which to ship off a soil sample in, and a sheet I'm supposed to use to interpret the readings. Honestly, it's overwhelming for a newbie like myself that really knows nothing about soil conditions. Plus I'm impatient and don't want to wait for the results to come back. I have the itch to get it done NOW. :rant hehehe… So I'm considering two things… I have a few years worth of oak leaves on the sides of my yard, a few inches thick. Can I add that in for compost? Otherwise, I'm going to dig it all out and go to Home Depot and buy dirt to put in, which I really don't have that extra $$$ to blow, but I will if I absolutely have to.. I only have 2 small flower beds in the front of my yard, and they're embarrassingly ugly. Need to get it looking better asap! :ep

KD_Olive

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
@Nyboy wouldn't you be impatient if the front of your yard looked like this?
Hahaha! I can't stand it! :p
:barnie

Attachments

• IMG_20160516_153239.jpg
    IMG_20160516_153239.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 259

KD_Olive

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
He'd be impatient AND he'd be getting unsigned letters in his mailbox.

:lol: I can't handle you guys! Lol! Luckily, I don't have any fences that need repainting! I think I'd put up a camera and catch "Mr. No Backbone." o_O

So what do you guys think? Oakleaves compost or just go buy dirt from Home Depot? One way or another, sonething is happening TOMORROW. :D:D:D

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Are those rust resistant? I planted zinnas one year, we had a rainy spell and rust got them.. That's the thing about Alabama...It may be as dry as a desert or as wet as a rainforest. One thing for certain, it is ALWAYS extremely hot and humid! lol :somad

Oh, and one more question.. A seller told me that 5,000 california poppy seeds only covers 100 sq ft. Does that sound right?
I can't imagine that 5,000 california poppies would only cover 100 sq. ft. The plant gets kind of medium size, maybe about 1-2 ft wide. You surely do not need 5,000 seeds!

Mary

Latest posts