Post your Garden Preparation Jobs here

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Here's my garden preparation job list:
- request pricelist from hatchery
- order some ducklings
- order Ginny
- sit back and wait and let the ducks do the weeding and Ginny do my seeding. :cool: :bun

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
ducks4you said:
Stubbornhillfarm, your raised beds are a sight to behold!!! They remind me of pictures of terracing in China. You GOTTA share pictures later in the year!
Awww...what a sweet and humbling comment, thank you! We just work with what we have to work with. Thank you for reminding me to take it all in and appreciate the beauty. I sure will share pictures when the time comes. :D

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Detlor Poultry said:
Here's my garden preparation job list:
- request pricelist from hatchery
- order some ducklings
- order Ginny
- sit back and wait and let the ducks do the weeding and Ginny do my seeding. :cool: :bun
Someone has to be the supervisor right?! ;)

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Spread more waste hay from the goats feeder so I won't need a weedeater or snake boots to walk the paths in my raised bed garden.

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
well I was going to start setting up my main garden today after I got home at 4 got out my gloves and 3 prong and a rake and a measuring tape bearly got started and we are having a thunder shower... bummer ...dont want to be holding metal tools :hide during a thunder shower...well tomorrow by hook or by crook I can bring baby here and work on the garden while he naps...weather permitting that is...who ever is doing that rain dance can stop now I think my water barrels are full!!! :rant

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Detlor Poultry said:
Very true! But did you know that Ginny is a goose? :lol:
I didn't know "what" Ginny was...but when you said you were going to "order" her, I assumed some fabulous animal! It doesn't matter to me. Good help is hard to find. So if Ginny is willing to do some seeding for you...I say go ahead and let her do it! :lol:

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yea, Ginny is a Rugener gosling (pronounced Roo-jin-er, hence her name) I am training her to tow a wagon, and when she is fully grown I will be using her to tow the Ginnysower.

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I cleaned up the potato patch and got all of the bits of rotten potatoes out (yuck!!) and hubby spread rabbit manure and planted watermelons there.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I got out that stubborn last stump yesterday!! Here are some shots from yesterday evening. I've been loading all 8 of them onto my old, repainted, small wheelbarrow JUST for bragging rights!! I SWEAR, that stump took 5 hours to remove. NOW I can finish planting on the south side of my garage.

May182012BigStumpOUT.jpg

May182012Bigstumpout2.jpg

May182012ALL8stumpsout.jpg

Latest posts