Prayer Request

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Results: Out of.....
...14 eggs, 13 were fertile. Out of...
...13 fertile eggs, 11 lived through the 'chilling of the titanic'. Out of...
...11 eggs that survived, all are doing great.

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I just noiced that my last post souded very blasphemous.... okay, I didn't mean it that way. I meant that I'm the Godfather because these are incubated eggs not hen-hatched eggs, so I'm the one who will be caring for them, not there biological parents. Sorry.

And 12 are confirmably alive! Not just 11! I jus saw one of the 'chilled-to-death' chicks moving inside her egg! :ya

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Please continue to pray. All eggs are fertile and fully grown, and one is hatched and fully hyper and running around, but th'other 12 are silent and still, so please 'send petitions' for a full hatch tomorow,
Thank you all very much!

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Another chick (a cuckoo pullet) hatched in the middle of the night. She's keeping little Hyram company! Keep praying please!

bluelacedredhead

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Detlor Poultry said:
So this is what I get for taking divine matters into my own hands. Instead of using my two very setty brood hens to hatch eggs, I went greedy and used an incubator to maximize my quantity. And we know how well incubators work! Strike that from the record. Anyway, First, the eggs loose way too much humidity, and when I fix that and they're fine, Hydro shuts off the power for :barnie 3.5 hours!!!! Can you say cold eggs? Actually, they only went 12F below what they needed to be, so it's not impossible. Well, I was hoping somebody would help me present matters to Someone who likes to save things, in regards to saving my very important eggs. Thank you very much. :hugs
If you lose power again while incubating, do not open the incubator. Instead, cover it with towels to hold the heat in and resist all temptation to look.

I just saw your post about losing humidity in an incubator, but the pic of Hyram looks awfully wet for having hatched earlier in the day? Or did you take the pic just after he hatched?

I wish you success with this hatch. I know how devastating it can be to look a setting for reasons beyond your control. Will keep watching for further developments.