Prices for new roof ...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
The price is not too bad indeed. I will've agreed if this guy is reliable because it is not always the case considering my previous experience with some contractors. You have to value the work quality; otherwise, you will have to redo everything sooner than you might think.

prices have changed quite a bit in recent years. i doubt you could get those prices these days.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
THOSE were 2018 prices, when Donald Trump was President. Expect 50% increase in material costs today.'
DD"s had their 1920's house totally rewired. Estimate 3 years ago was $15K. 2022 price tag: $25K.
Although some of that was the ever rising price of copper.

Last edited:

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
THOSE were 2018 prices, when Donald Trump was President. Expect 50% increase in material costs today.'
DD"s had their 1920's house totally rewired. Estimate 3 years ago was $15K. 2022 price tag: $25K.
Although some of that was the ever rising price of copper.
I would wait for the loud popping sound of the progressive hopes and dreams to be over personally speaking and thank them for such good times. They say copper is at its lowest now and moving forward the demand from all battery electrification efforts will spike copper prices again.

Last edited:

heirloomgal

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I would wait for the loud popping sound of the progressive hopes and dreams to be over personally speaking and thank them for such good times. They say copper is at its lowest now and moving forward the demand from all battery electrification efforts will spike copper prices again.
Yup, nickel too. 2 months ago major mine here signed long term contract with Tesla for it. 30- 40% of our Class 1 Nickel will go to Elon.

Latest posts