Public Enemy Number 1

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
What you really need is a missile launcher. I'm looking into the homeowner version.
The filthy deer just stripped the almost ready to bloom lilies in my clients cutting garden. This is in spite of me spraying, spreading blood meal around and some very expensive granulated mountain lion urine. They are eating things this year that have been pretty safe in past years. So now we have to wait another entire year for bouquet material. That just topped the long list of aggravations they've caused me this year.

Eat more venison!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a rumor by my country house of Mt Lions. A very wealthy person was tired of the deer destroying their estates gardens. They purchased a pair of Mt. lions then turned them lose on the estate to hunt the deer. I doubt it true, but wish it was.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
You know, lots of states don't have many rules on what kind of wild animal you can have at home. And of course, many people don't follow the rules anyway. Wasn't there something in the news a few years back about a private "zoo" being set free on a community? I don't remember which state....:rolleyes:

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
So far the repellent has kept them away, it is Bonide Repels-All. It was kind of expensive, but it is supposed to last two months. It irritates their nasal passages and tastes awful, it says. That reminds me to go spray again.

Last edited:

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now wait one minute.....if deer don't like it, what about the insects & other animals that need it as a food source? As farmers are scolded for, let nature's animals eat, destroy whatever they want. Circle of life and all. You are destroying the environment......

How does it feel? Couldn't help but poke the bear. :)

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now wait one minute.....if deer don't like it, what about the insects & other animals that need it as a food source? As farmers are scolded for, let nature's animals eat, destroy whatever they want. Circle of life and all. You are destroying the environment......

How does it feel? Couldn't help but poke the bear. :)
They can go and eat all they want in your garden, I won't mind a bit said Papa Bear. ;)

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
My garden is too small....said baby bear. Therefore all deer should seek out the ladies gardens....

Latest posts