Puget Sound and Western WA..what the heck with the heatwave????

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
BBH also I take the dogs swimming early and wear them out then they sleep through the heat ..bullies are not extreme weather dogs at all they do not do well in the heat or the cold ..but the early am swim tuckers them out for the rest of the day they are peaceful and not suffering

do you have a place to swim out there? if not how about hose play or a kiddy pool?

poor big babies!!!

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
smog and heat have a bright side :)
this was last sitting on the grass in the yard ..it is all good
6185_img_8735.jpg

this is the exact color of the sky last night can you believe it??

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I think I am single-handedly running our aquifer dry. :( I'm not kidding.

I am trying to establish trees on our property. This is year 2 for them and it has been a horrid drought. Our aquifer used to be rated as fine when we moved here, but suddenly it is an "area of concern." I am depressed. By now I have too much invested in my trees to just let them go dry and die . . . . I fear this year we will not see rain until October. Yay for your tomatoes, HiDelight, but very bad news for our aquifer. Every morning when I turn on the hose I fear it will be our last day with well water. :(

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sheesh! Well, be glad for your AC and your city water! :D Us rural gardeners can just go have our own pity party, I guess. :/

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
bumping the beautiful sunset
6185_img_8735.jpg

see smog, heat, globel warming ..they all have their places :gig

you have to admit it is a lovely sunset! sometimes in the worst of times you have to look at one bright thing

right now it is the limoncello I made :)

have a great afternoon stay cool!

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I totally agree on the smog and smoke for absolutely gorgeous sunsets. I used to live in Santa Barbara and man I love a red sky.

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think our weather got switched. I'm in the Ohio Valley, and the highest temp all summer has been a week of 90 degree weather in early June. The rest of the summer has been high 70s/low 80s and rain, rain, rain.... Really strange. We're usually, hot, dry and humid this time of year.

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
HiDelight said:
stop harshing my buzz DrakeMaiden I am working hard on the bright side here k??? :cool:
:lol: :hugs

:clap Whew, the HEAT BROKE!! It is back to a nice cloudy, cool morning. :weee :weee

HiD. Our big dogs literaly lived in the lake down the road during the hottest part of the day! It was rough, but we made it through the hardest part.

I love that you refer to your dogs as bullies. Cute.

O.k. now let me finish my limonchello, oh, I mean coffee. ;)

Latest posts