Puget Sound and Western WA..what the heck with the heatwave????

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
LOL tell me about it! I spent the 22nd-29th in Chehalis on vacation and dont remember it EVER being that hot when I lived there! I would have welcomed some rain!

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Actually, sparkles, I think Chehalis was one of the hottest spots! Sorry you had to come visit during our hot flash!

There was a flash flood in the North Cascades during that crazy weather . . . they had an emergency broadcast on the radio. I only heard it from a distance, and I thought they were broadcasting something from the desert SW. I have never heard of a flash flood in W. Washington. Anyway, I guess it washed out part of the North Cascade Hwy.

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
If you look at that photo of that sunset in the fog, that is where I live. :) Great photo!!

ETA: Heat is back again, but not quite as bad.

MameJenny

Sprout
Reaction score
Where I am in CO, it's been raining almost everyday since May :hit Want to trade - our water for your heat? :coolsun

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
it has really cooled off here now I think we are in for a perfect summer day :)

just send me some of your run off folks in CO!!! LOL!!!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looking for more typical Rocky Mountain weather - you might try northern Idaho or, just over the hill in less-populated western Colorado. I have a gardening friend near Grand Junction. She is finding her gardening year very dry and a little hot!

Here, we may have just been slammed by the western WA heat wave. It was 101, I believe. Highs in the 90's should continue into the foreseeable future. We've had some thunderstorms lately but with winds today nearing 30mph and less than 10% humidity . . . NOT having lightening would be a blessing!

Steve