Quotes and thoughts for the day

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
1579202154699.png
For thought is a bird of space ~ when in a cage of words ~ can indeed unfold its wings ~but cannot fly ```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
1579203199970.png

Albert Camus might have been killed by KGB - reports
21:47 • 07.08.11
f54769e959df81_54769e959dfbc-770x510.jpg

CULTURE

A new theory suggests that the Soviet authorities might have been behind the crash that led to the killing of French literary giant Albert Camus in 1960.

There may have been a secret behind the accident, as the Soviet spies may have killed Camus for criticizing the Soviet Union, Press TV said, citing a report by the Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera.
The newspaper presented the theory based on the remarks of Italian academic and poet Giovanni Catelli who noted that a passage in a diary written by Czech poet and translator Jan Zabrana and published as a book entitled Cely Zivot was missing from the Italian translation.

In the missing Paragraph, Zabrana expressed that he has heard from a man that the accident, in which Albert Camus was killed in 1960, was arranged by Soviet spies.
"The order was given personally by Dmitri Trofimovic Shepilov, the Soviet foreign minister, as a reaction to an article published in a French magazine in March 1957, in which Camus attacked Shepilov,” as narrated in the passage, Guardian reported.
Later Camus arouse anger among Soviet authorities by supporting the Russian author Boris Pasternak, the author of Doctor Zhivago, a work banned by Stalin.
Albert Camus was a French-African novelist, essayist and playwright. For all the interwoven stories of life's meaning and humanity's struggles, he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature.
The Plague (1948), The Stranger (1946), The Rebel (1954) and The Myth of Sisyphus (1955) are some of his famous works.

Armenian News - Tert.am

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I started a thread on BYC some time ago, to share my love for and collection of quotes and inspiring thoughts. The thread took off and turned into something really wonderful. I would like to do something similar here, for those of you who enjoy quotes, or need a little smile or inspiration now and then. I will post some quotes here on this thread and ask you all to please share your favourites too.

If you'd like to check out the BYC thread, http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/939217/quotes-and-thoughts-for-the-day/0_30
A goal without a plan is just a wish.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
this is one of my favorite poems (written by someone else).

since i respect the author i'll link to a site which has permission to use it:

and since i am at it i will enclude my second favorite poem by that author: