Quotes and thoughts for the day

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Somehow, this seems appropriate for any day of the year. Mother's Day: Wikipedia: " Anna Maria Jarvis (May 1, 1864 – November 24, 1948) was the founder of Mother's Day in the United States. November 24th.

Ms Jarvis was the 9th of 11 children. She did not have any children herself but, obviously, revered her own mother.

Screenshot_2020-11-22-15-51-24_kindlephoto-90564822.png

This is a statue of a mother and child in Macedonia, one of several.

Steve :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women

LINK (take it seriously)

"International days are occasions to educate the public on issues of concern, to mobilize political will and resources to address global problems, and to celebrate and reinforce achievements of humanity. The existence of international days predates the establishment of the United Nations, but the UN has embraced them as a powerful advocacy tool."

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
this is very similar to something a few friends and i did years ago. words/phrases "like, um, you know, man, groovy, gnarly, bogus, hip, tubular, etc." all were discouraged. i really liked it... i'm not a big talker in the morning anyways so less to say is always good there for me...
I like to be considerate of other peoples feelings and I suppose a soft heart at times BUT the morning's, I don't think anyone would want to cross my path. :old

Latest posts