Radish GREENS; Who eats them other than my tortoise?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I used to feel lucky to have a Russian radish that has hairless leaves :p. I included the radishes, leaves and all, in stir-fries.

Then, I mentioned my remarkable radishes to someone who knew a bit more about cooking than I do. I thought the hairless feature was significant. She said the hairs on radish leaves disappear during cooking, anyway :/. Ohh . . .

Well, I still have the Russian radish and use it. I think all radish varieties may have tasty pods. I've enjoyed the pods - get 'em while they are tender. They seem better than the roots, to me :)! I just can't bring myself to order any of those "rat tail" seeds. Nope :rolleyes:.

Steve

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I was in a hurry last night and I didn't feel like chopping garlic and using another pan, so I rinced out my daughter's "hot dog" pot and
just boiled up the radish tops with sea salt.

I strained off the water and just simply added butter and a bit more sea salt. YUMMY!! They were surprisingly delicious!! I feel guilty for not partaking in eating radish tops before. :/ I think they are my favorite greens now. My tops were very big and thick too. I bet they will be better smaller.

The radishes themselves were soo spicy!! I like them that way, but the rest of the family did not appreciate it. (The kids ended up having a burping contest! Go outside children!!)

Latest posts