RAIN!

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Go to bed and it's raining. Wake up and it's raining. Two or three times a day, rain! :he I really hate to say it, but I'm getting pretty tired of all this rain!! Anyone else stuck in a rainy cycle? And who's still trapped in a drought?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Its either feast or famine, isnt it? Someday well get a normal summer, whatever normal really is.

I had 1.8 of rain June 1st, then another 0.15 on June 16th. Thats it. Officially thats not a drought because we had a fairly wet spring, but I have to dig down pretty far to find damp soil and Im spending a lot of money on water.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
Since may 1st till now we are 9" above normal
Do Not want to sound ungrateful, but ready for a slighty
Dryer July

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have record rains, as well. Unfortunately, lots of horrible flooding- with several small valley towns taking huge hits. I do not have much hope for the garden- but so far, it is still growing. It rains every day- usually in the evening. The 4 hours after work, are my usual gardening times. Seems like winter now- can't get outside in the evenings. Pulled weeds for a half hour, last night- before it started pouring again! It is beginning to be a jungle around my house. I can just about imagine the giant greenery, reaching out and grabbing me! The weeds reach maturity almost instantly! Mother nature is a cruel mistress...

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We where. Then it finally broke and it has been lovely since. Actually we could use a little to water garden!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know, I hate to complain too. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed by all the weeds popping up and not being able to get in there and tend the garden. I already felt like maybe I took on too much this year; what for having to chase a busy toddler around, I haven't as much time for my garden. But now that I've started it, it's just not in me to let it go. And it will drive me crazy looking at it until it is under control. :p

I went out to get the mail today and almost busted my rear on slippery algae that is growing at the foot of my driveway from the constant puddles. :barnie

But too much rain is definitely better than drought, imo. I haven't had to water the garden yet.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
journey11 said:
I know, I hate to complain too. I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed by all the weeds popping up and not being able to get in there and tend the garden. I already felt like maybe I took on too much this year; what for having to chase a busy toddler around, I haven't as much time for my garden. But now that I've started it, it's just not in me to let it go. And it will drive me crazy looking at it until it is under control. :p

I went out to get the mail today and almost busted my rear on slippery algae that is growing at the foot of my driveway from the constant puddles. :barnie

But too much rain is definitely better than drought, imo. I haven't had to water the garden yet.
Journey, I busted my rear on some slippery moss growing on a landscape timber 7 years ago and I still have pain from it. You lucked out!

Latest posts