Rammy's 2021 Garden

Rammy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Its being a very strange year weather wise right now. Hopefully, we can get decent yields and put some stuff away.

Rammy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Raining again today. Everything looks pretty good. Put my dwarf Moringa tree I started from seed out so it can get some water. Buckets are full from the run off from the roof. Got some 270 gallon totes to use for water storage that need set up. My neighbor went and got a bunch from this guy about an hour away. Just have to figure out a set up to be able to use a hose to water the garden or the animals.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
If it helps, I keep a dehumidifier in the garage and empty it into a bucket to water with a big, plastic ~liter cup. I use this for transplants only.
I think it would be nice if somebody here could share how they have made rain barrels. :)

Rammy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Been busy with the garden picking beans, squash, cucumbers, and banana peppers.
Last night I was picking beans in between rain storms since today its suppose to be on and off severe storms today, and noticed part of my tomato cattle panel trellis had "imploded"...falling into the one next to it.
I guess the weight of the plants and the rain, and that I only used three T-posts instead of probably 5.....😬oops....might of had something to do with it.
So I pushed it back up and just used a t-post to prop it up til it dries up enough to burn a hole in the fabric and add more support.
I forgot to take pics so will do so later.
In the meantime the garden has yielded 50 pints of green beans, about 12 squash, 8 cucumbers, and 15 banana peppers.
I dumped my potato bags and was disappointed with alot of small taters and only about 20lbs of Kennebecs. I havent checked the Yukon Gold potato tree yet. Since its been raining its been put off.
On a side note, my dang Blue Cochin Banty is laying on about 8 banty eggs. Looks like more mouths to feed. 🤦‍♀️

20210711_103526.jpg

20210711_103532.jpg

20210711_103550.jpg

And a few blackberries from my bush in the corner yard.