Ready for Self-Sufficient Gardening?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
That's such a tiny amount of rice. How much do you get at one time?
Small packages. Don't make rice that often, just want to securely store it. Here is my usual rice jar, on the counter, next to the family sized tea bags in the 2 jars I inherited from MIL. The other is a half gallon jar, now downstairs in my pantry.
These 1/2 gallon canning jars are underused, imho.

Attachments

• Rice, 05-11-20, #1.jpg
    Rice, 05-11-20, #1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 207
  • Rice, 05-11-20, #2.jpg
    Rice, 05-11-20, #2.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 199

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Small packages. Don't make rice that often, just want to securely store it. Here is my usual rice jar, on the counter, next to the family sized tea bags in the 2 jars I inherited from MIL. The other is a half gallon jar, now downstairs in my pantry.
These 1/2 gallon canning jars are underused, imho.

Ah, I see. I have a 5 gallon bucket to hold my rice in, but we eat rice 3-4 times a week.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Ridgerunner , THAT is why I keep telling my family I can't go on ANY vacations, unless I have a housesitter that my dogs know.

i really love being home, home is vacation, i don't need to really go anyplace else, i've done my share of travelling. not that i might not go off again some day, but for now this is home and it is a good place for me to be. :)

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree. After working away from home for most of my life, the chance to STAY home and do work I love is like a perpetual vacation for me. I love the chores!

meaningful exercise is the only kind i really enjoy, swimming is good, hiking is good, kayaking and canoeing also were fun and enjoyable but gardeing is where my heart is most content.

Latest posts