"Recycled Garden Art" Please add yours!

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
One more. This is my asparagus bed with a few calla lillies and day lillies. The ship in the back was once used for a planter but the plants died. I stuck it there "for now" and still haven't decided what I want to do with it....

IMG_2163.jpg

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
How about you put the ship on a metal post like a weather vane?
I love the antique equipment.
Sorry to hear of your Mothers passing. Some 4 O-Clocks would nice in that. Every evening they would open like a visit.

Thanks for sharing; Joe

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh, I like the idea of a weather vane! I would go with that, that ship is too cool looking to not put it where it doesn't get passed by. :D

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
A wreath made by my DW Eby back when she lived in IN.
She pulled wild grape vine from the woods and made this wreath.
In this picture it is in some serious need of help! So I hung it up and took pictures of it and shamed Eby in to reworking it for us.

wreathbefore.jpg

Sad I know! This thing has been around, moved, ect. it was made 20 years ago!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would say she did a fine job! Obviously, you are both very talented! Hard to believe that is the same wreath! Love the way it looks lit! Enjoy!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Awesome Wreath! That is something I definitely would have on my house.

In history it is said that the wreath represents a death of the family when placed on the door. This way passerby's can know from a distance if the home is in mourning.

I keep a wreath out front year round, but I try to replace it every year with something new. Last Christmas I created a beautiful wreath with nothing but various sized rose-hips. It was so lovely with all the reds and oranges and yellows. Sadly by Spring it was all brown and shriveled.

.....OK, here is my submission for Garden 'F'art...I mean Garden Art. LOL

I once had a square planter with a sun face on each side. It cracked and broke and I felt that it would be such a waste not to keep the sun faces. Here is where I put them, and I also painted them.

30upldc.jpg

vcuv44.jpg

avjwqv.jpg

Here is St. Strawberry (named because he used to watch over my strawberries), actually I think he looks like Paul McCartney.
kao7es.jpg

Here are some orchids that I made out of some copper sheeting.
26117j6.jpg

8wjcra.jpg

Here is my effigy of an Owl. They say that the Owl effigy is the representation of a Pagan Goddess Energy. I think he is wonderful. I have seen this mold before but in cast iron, this one is solid brass.
2n88rc3.jpg

...I think that is it, I might have more hidden out there that I forgot about

Ron

Latest posts