Recycled Tomato Plants

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree!

Well, not about the hen and volunteers but that Porters are great :). I bet they are an especially good choice for you in your corner of the world, @dirtlover .

DW likes the flavor real well but she goes for mild. I say that Porters is for people who don't think that they like tomatoes.

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
So which variety is a really strong tasting tomato? I like the high acid, bold taste, but not the off-flavors of some of the black tomatoes. :eek:

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
No one is goin' to challenge @so lucky in defense of their Black Krim, Black Sea Man, Black Trifele, etc. and, "off-flavors?"

So Lucky, danged if I know ... DW likes mild tomatoes. Fortunately, there are lots of tomato varieties to try, most I would never have bothered to learn about if she wasn't persnickety .. so, I lucked out there.

Let's see, she doesn't really seem to appreciate my Goliath and Big Beef. I'm not too sure what she thinks of Gary O Sena.

Pantano Romanesco has lots of flavor but it makes me think of what I'd expect from a quality paste ... in a late beefsteak. It isn't acidic.

Steve

Latest posts