Red-built greenhouse

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I use long handled bolt cutters to cut cow panels. I want to see pictures! I want to post pictures too........

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hum? I first tried to post a photo of the greenhouse. It didn't work. Then I tried to post a photo of my turn around in bloom. As seen below, I was successful. What's happening? Why should one photo load and the next not? Both shot with the same camera, same settings.

Azalea northern lights.JPG

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't you just love cattle panels? :love I've got a hoop coop made from them right now and it doesn't have any problem with heavy snows or high winds, I have a wood shelter made from some right now...those hoops are just zip tied to T posts and tarped...doesn't budge in the wind and sheds snow like a dream. I once had a temp sheep shelter of cattle panels, T posts, zip ties and tarp and we had 75 mph winds that winter, three feet of snow in a day's time and it never budged.

Here's the sheep shelter...put that thing up in less than an hour and took it down in even less time than that. The sheep stayed snug as bugs in that thing all winter.

82_sheep_shelter_puppies_sheep_003.jpg

For temporary shelters, I find cattle panels to be the best material to work with, bar none. Can't wait to see your temp greenhouse, Red!!! :frow

(Not having any trouble at all with pics here.... :hide )

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bee, I can see why your cattle panels structures don't budge. With those zip ties done the way you have them, it looks like fort Knox. I like the pattern!

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Neat pen, Bee. It looks like it would do the job just fine and still be easy to move if needed.

I like that spider web thing over the top. I have one to hold loads in the truck. Never thought to use it on a cover like that. It would make for little movement of the roof covering. Great idea!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
That cargo net was a real bonus for keeping the tarp in place and the zip ties holding the panels to the T posts and the tarp to the panels didn't budge either. I can't seem to find a large cargo net like that one anymore, but they sure come in handy.

Latest posts