Regrowing Celery From Grocery Store Stock

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I buried the celery deep, making sure to cover a bunch of leaves and most of the nub! :)

This is working out pretty good... we'll see how it does in the garden though, its been 80 all week and they prefer cooler temps.

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
scotexpat said:
:( so far my Celery Seeds have done nothing, so I am excited to try this method,Fingers crossed it works for Me
I had no luck with my first celery seeds... I did them like I do all seeds, on damp paper towels in a plastic bag. I finally threw some dirt in the top of an egg carton, scattered the seeds and watered it and now I have seedlings! It took 10 days.

Keep trying!

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Very cooll VFEM.

The pictures are great in the way they show what you did. I had no idea celery could do that.

I will definately be sharing this information. Keep us updated with more great pictues!

Thanks for sharing :)

RickF

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I wonder if you could cut the bottom stalk (base?) in half vertically speaking and get two going.. I might have to try that -- possibly two for the price of one..

scotexpat

Leafing Out
Reaction score
RickF said:
I wonder if you could cut the bottom stalk (base?) in half vertically speaking and get two going.. I might have to try that -- possibly two for the price of one..
I was thinking the same thing. Now I have everyone I know keeping all their old Celery:)

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
cool idea.... used to do that with carrots when the kids were young as a science project...

grow_my_own

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That is super hip! I'm gonna have to try that. I have a celery heart I was going to throw out to the chickens today. I do believe I will be trying this experiment instead. Thank you very much for sharing!

Latest posts