Reina, Baymule’s Horse

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Never used HORSE TREATS. Turns out dogs like them too. The sheep snuffle my pockets, biting on the fabric, trying to get to the treats, so yeah, they get treats too.

after hearing what happened to a friend of someone we know i'd never keep treats in my pockets. they had a large sow (like 1200 lbs worth) that was in a pen but he'd go in there and feed her and give her stuff and he mistakenly had some bread he stuck in his pants pocket and the sow bit him right through the pants after pinning him right up against the wall. almost got him in the nads... i'd say he's lucky to be alive.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
after hearing what happened to a friend of someone we know i'd never keep treats in my pockets. they had a large sow (like 1200 lbs worth) that was in a pen but he'd go in there and feed her and give her stuff and he mistakenly had some bread he stuck in his pants pocket and the sow bit him right through the pants after pinning him right up against the wall. almost got him in the nads... i'd say he's lucky to be alive.
And THAT is why I never wanted or ever want to keep swine breeding stock. I’m just fine with feeder pigs. I’ll get set up here for feeder pigs again, and ONLY feeder pigs.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
People don't realize that if you throw a carrot on the ground in front of your horse, he/she will look to see if you have any more.
I put 3 past it apples in my jacket pockets and took them out recently to give to each horse before turning them out.
Buster Brown stopped 1/2 way out and buried his nosey in my apple smelling pocket looking for another.
Reminded me the way a dog will bury it's nose into a smell.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finally took Reina back for checkup on her eye. Was supposed to take her Monday, 5 days ago, but couldn’t get to my trailer due to all the heavy rains and mud. A friend with a 4 wheel drive came and pulled the trailer out where I could hook onto it.

It has stormed, rained, rained and rained some more. I stayed wet and muddy all day from going out to treat Reina’s eye, and caring for sheep and dogs.

Vet was all smiles when she examined Reina. She really thought she was going to have to take Reina’s eye out when she first saw her.
Me, You told me 6 times a day, plus her
nighttime drop.
Vet, Yeah but nobody does that. I really thought I’d be taking her eye. It looks great.

I’m so relieved, I was so worried over her.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Finally took Reina back for checkup on her eye. Was supposed to take her Monday, 5 days ago, but couldn’t get to my trailer due to all the heavy rains and mud. A friend with a 4 wheel drive came and pulled the trailer out where I could hook onto it.

It has stormed, rained, rained and rained some more. I stayed wet and muddy all day from going out to treat Reina’s eye, and caring for sheep and dogs.

Vet was all smiles when she examined Reina. She really thought she was going to have to take Reina’s eye out when she first saw her.
nighttime drop.
Vet, Yeah but nobody does that. I really thought I’d be taking her eye. It looks great.

Great news!

Cosmo spring garden

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

nighttime drop.

The vet doesn't know you as well as we do, @baymule :)
I'm so happy to hear that Reina is doing well!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score

nighttime drop.

Must be a new vet to you! Or she would have known you follow care directions for the livestock and pets. (Yourself! just kinda!!! ) ;) I am thrilled Reina is doing so well. As Rammy says, "She is one Lucky Horse to have you."

Latest posts