Reina, Baymule’s Horse

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I loved horses as soon as I knew what one was, I think before age two. Somewhere in a box, is a picture of me in a diaper, riding a pony. I was smitten and it’s never left.
As a child, I saved my pennies, nickels and dimes, intended for the gum ball machine. At age twelve I had amassed the huge fortune of $200 and announced to my parents that I was going to buy a horse.

We lived in Houston, no where in our small backyard to keep a horse. I don’t figure they thought I was serious. I started looking in the classifieds, making calls and finally found one. I got directions and presented it to my parents. Daddy said ok, he’d take me, Mom screamed and threw a fit.

Daddy found a place to board it, a 2 year old unbroken Appaloosa filly. Mom would drop me off and I spent all the time I could there. My 12 year old self proceeded to train that horse, and I did.

That was the beginning of my crazy……

Last edited:

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
two legs vs. four... makes a lot of difference, but then there is also this thing called "cow tipping" (which i've never done)... i don't know if anyone has ever "horse tipped"? i couldn't do such a rude thing myself.

horses seem more alert than cows. ?
Cow tipping is a myth. 🤥 They sleep laying down, so if they're standing up, they are awake & nearly impossible to 'sneak' up on.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
37 years later NOBODY asks ME if I am tired of horsekeeping.
My brother and his wife have 3 horses. He says that all he gets to do is haul in the hay and shovel out the s - - -! His wife uses the horses for show and she will only allow her horses to go on trails. Going off trail is banned! My brother thinks it's boring to stay on the trail, so he is reduced to the stall boy!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My brother and his wife have 3 horses. He says that all he gets to do is haul in the hay and shovel out the s - - -! His wife uses the horses for show and she will only allow her horses to go on trails. Going off trail is banned! My brother thinks it's boring to stay on the trail, so he is reduced to the stall boy!
Your brother needs his own non show horse!

Latest posts