Santa delivered, can You?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Bowling Strike.jpg

Maybe for you and me: It's not how we bowl. it's how we roll. Can you roll in 2018 ..?

There has been a few days pass since Christmas. We had winter colds and didn't want to share those so our holiday meal was more on New Year's Day ... after going to bed early, the night before ;). We have a few more leftovers but are ready to make a special effort on the green veggie front. I have maintained my commitment to 3 servings of fruit each morning.

Exercising 30 minutes a day was a little tough with the cold. When I showed up in the doctor's exam room not long ago, my pulse was above 90. So, my snow shoveling has been at cautious levels and the walks have been strolls. Yesterday afternoon, I started off with extra vigor and checked the pulse: 91. Increased the prance and hit 93. I had to get back to the full idiotic routine to push my heart rate above 100! I can't justify the saunter around the house ... doggone it ...

Are you ready to roll in 2018??

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have to. 2017 was a year of up and down on the scale and going no where! Still weigh what I did last January. Time to buckle down and get serious about weight lose. After all I am only 1/2 way to goal. So, "I can and I will" continues to be my mantra for 2018. Good Luck Steve.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am ready to roll, but not setting any bench marks though.i always make health goals that are unattainable so I will just say I will be more active this year. DW gave me a Fitbit for Xmas been averaging 11000 steps per day if I keep that up all year it should help.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm a little skeered to climb on the scale. The last time I did that, it showed that I had gained 2# over my lowest weight during the growing season ( when I grow smaller around ;)). Two pounds isn't much but that's how I got here. It was kinda okay the very first time the scale showed 180#. About 10 years later, it was 200# ... :( ... I got there at about 2#/year.

The 15# up and 15# down each year takes a fair amount of effort. I was just looking at one of those "lose 1#" guides. You know, 45 minutes of jogging at a 10mph rate = 1# weight loss. I guess so. If there is that equivalency of exercise relative to speed and time, it should be 90 minutes at 5mph. @Collector , you must be very close to that ...

Food. I have just said on @baymule 's thread that I like "eat this" diets. The pound burning website says throw out anything on your shelves that has over 3 ingredients. Hmmm that's not quite "eat this" and might be tuff. I had a little trouble with that 5 ingredients cookbook and doubt if I could get a good bowl of soup outta 3 ... might be worth a try :)

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
holding somewhat steady (up or down a few lbs) for quite some time, i'd like to roll back down gradually, but winter is a tough time to do it. if i can keep steady until spring i consider that a victory because i can usually peel off weight over the summer (but air conditioning makes that harder).

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
A good way to lose weight is to get sick! I've been sick and I've lost 4 lbs. Back to my old weight. Today I noticed my appetite is coming back so I need to be careful what I eat. Weight loss is all about what you eat. Exercise is for health and toning. Yes, muscle burns more calories but don't be fool, it's not that many.

Mary

Latest posts