Santa delivered, can You?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had severe sleep apnea. The doctor couldn't believe how bad it was because I didn't fit the "norm". I had the surgery. They removed my adnoids, tonsils, trimmed my palete, and removed the uvula. Looking back I don't know if I would have done it. I went from having severe apnea to moderate. Doctors say I don't have to use the cpap, only use it if I want to to feel more rested. I'm thinking of requesting it again after several years of not using it. I stopped because it left marks on my face that due to age, the collagen didn't bounce back the way it used to. The marks would last all day compared to 2 hours when I was younger.

I've also heard that losing weight helps.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oooh, we will have to be careful with @Nyboy , today!

Delivering that garage, hoping the Sandman finds him under the blankets, no cigs ...

While I was smoking, and 25 years before the tobacco settlement, I once advised a friend with a weight problem that smoking could help keep the pounds off. I'd first met him when he had been working in the woods and after those years and assuming a more sedentary lifestyle, he just continued to pack on the weight. Luckily, he didn't pay much attention to me and somehow got the weight gain under control.

I've known him for 40 years plus, he's still around and his weight plateaued somewhere along in the early years.

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had severe sleep apnea. The doctor couldn't believe how bad it was because I didn't fit the "norm". I had the surgery. They removed my adnoids, tonsils, trimmed my palete, and removed the uvula. Looking back I don't know if I would have done it. I went from having severe apnea to moderate. Doctors say I don't have to use the cpap, only use it if I want to to feel more rested. I'm thinking of requesting it again after several years of not using it. I stopped because it left marks on my face that due to age, the collagen didn't bounce back the way it used to. The marks would last all day compared to 2 hours when I was younger.

I've also heard that losing weight helps.

Mary
Dr. says my Apnea is moderate. I could probably go without it now (major weight lose) but as long as I am having a DOT physical every year, I would have to have the sleep test done again to be certain it is enough better. I just feel better using it. Less head congestion at night, too Bonus. Yep, the straps leave marks on my face for hours into the morning. Oh well. It is a slight trade off for a good nights sleep and alert behind the wheel.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last night I had one of the best nights sleep. 1st day of not smoking, by end of work day all I wanted was my bed

Good job Alex!
Keep your momentum going, even hour by hour goals are helpful. Stock up on lots of healthy eating foods for those cravings. Even a few extra pounds are healthier than smoking.
We're behind you in this!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
A more normal pattern, last night:

In bed by 9:30, up by 3:30, so that's 6 hours, or more like 5 1/2.

I remember thinking as a teenager that 9 hours was common, if left to myself. It would be wonderful if I could return to that and, altho any sleep beyond 5 is now sweet. I am concerned that the schedule may be trending down. Despite decades of habit ...

Steve

some people sleep in more than one stage. others can sleep all through the night. i seem to mix it up at times. during the winter, i will usually wake up here or there and move around, in the summer when i'm more physically tired and i don't hardly even move i sleep like a rock. a very content rock. :)

Latest posts