Santa delivered, can You?

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good to hear that the fluid is gone and walk felt good. You can sometimes find baby weights like 2lb ones at Ross or TJ Max for some arm exercises. If not like I said find a can of food or anything that is around that weight to lift up and down. You’ve got that baby girl now besides your garden to be healthy and stronger for. Keep up the good work and effort.

Mary

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
start with a pair of gallon milk jugs and add a little water to them as you gain strength. you can start empty if you want. :) impress all your friends when you tell them you lifted it a hundred times but don't tell them it was empty. heeheehee...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The plastic jugs might work for me but I think that I'd go with the half gallon size. Yeah.

Indoors, I don't really need anything in my hands and find that I'm even a little more awkward and slower if I have the cane. Outdoors is different - I can pick up more speed but it's nearly all straight stretches on asphalt and concrete, cane-assisted.

The jugs would likely mean that I don't have to lift my arms so many times to achieve a 100+ heart rate. Just walking, I can get it above 80 quickly but it won't top 100 even with the MG's and Booker T inspiration!

Thankfully, this arm raising isn't necessary outdoors ... where I can push the speed with cane support.

The neighbors are probably curious what I'm doing out in the yard without a coffee cup but I'm outta the gate and down the road quickly, without the indoor drum major moves attracting attention.

:) Steve

Latest posts