Santa delivered, so ..?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I did check my pulse during yesterday's Indoor Mile. It didn't change to a slower rate. Breathing is easier but I have to say, I'm happy not to have to push myself more. I feel better during the first part and when I can stop but the last half isn't what I consider fun. Probably, with this attitude regarding a little 30 minute walk, I was never destined to be very fit or lean.

And, 30 minutes it is. It's not a penny counting exercise. If 30 minutes at any heart rate above 84 is supposed to be good for me and above 100 is supposed to exercise my cardiovascular system, then 30 minutes it is!

Unless, I'm outdoors. There is something to see outdoors. Changing scenery. On the 2 miles outdoors, a couple hours after the Indoor Mile, I even spoke to some people. Said hello to a young lady photographing her bright, red car at the park.

I thought of stopping to take a picture of the bark of one of the sycamore trees but she made me self-conscious ... She has a new car. I've got a tree in the park! Besides, we never stopped moving over the 2 miles and covered the distance in 50 minutes!

What I noticed in my fence building, beyond the blister and sore wrist from running the manual screwdriver, was that I'm not used to stretching. This was my customary exercise when Miranda was still on the teevee every morning. After several winters of experience, I do know the stretching exercises. Motivation to do them is needed. They certainly make me feel better ... maybe I could do 10 minutes before the Indoor Mile ... or, before heading out the door to see one neighborhood or another ... or, anything else out there. S#t#r#e#t#c#H !

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Actually 30 minutes of exercise is what doctors recommend. So you're right on. I still would do those 30 minutes holding plastic water bottles. Filled of course. ;)

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
So that is what happened......
8381_1028269560579511_73286377233249671_n.jpg

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol, that is amazing!!!! How do you feel? Any difference in energy level or mobility? I'm sure it's a big boost just psychologically. What are you doing to lose it?

Mary

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Carol, that is amazing!!!! How do you feel? Any difference in energy level or mobility? I'm sure it's a big boost just psychologically. What are you doing to lose it?

Mary
My jeans fit better, Not down a size yet but comfortably loose instead of TOO tight. My feet still hurt, probably always will. But not as soon. I'm able to get shoes on easier. I joined Weight Watchers. I really like the program. I eat lots of fruit and vegetable and lean protein. I try to limit sweets and carbs as the points are higher. So far it is working for me. Lots of friends have been very encouraging too. If they know I am coming to a meeting or event the dessert will include something I can enjoy. But I am finding my will power is increasing. I passed up the Girl Scout cookies and gave them a $5 donation instead. :) Took coffee only at Church Social hour (even had to reach over ALL my FAVORITE sweets to get it.)

Latest posts